Upgrading the Sound System Cheap

This is a discussion on Upgrading the Sound System Cheap within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I just picked up a 02 WRX Wagon with the standard sound system. What is the best setup I ...

Upgrading the Sound System Cheap

Well I just picked up a 02 WRX Wagon with the standard sound system. What is the best setup I could get for under $250? I don't want a sub in the trunk since the trunk get used. I am willing to buy used!! I was thinking about upgrading the HU and getting a pair of a nice pair of front speakers.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Upgrading the Sound System Cheap

Originally posted by Need BB
    Well I just picked up a 02 WRX Wagon with the standard sound system. What is the best setup I could get for under $250? I don't want a sub in the trunk since the trunk get used. I am willing to buy used!! I was thinking about upgrading the HU and getting a pair of a nice pair of front speakers.

Thanks
    Yes, get a good HU and get some decent component speakers. You could probably get a pretty good HU with MP3 support online for like $170 and some pretty good components for maybe $100. Depends on how picky you are.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Ebay ebay ebay. Get some used components and a used HU and you'll get good stuff for cheap. For around 100 I think you can get some lower model MB Quart components. Install everything yourself and you will save a bunch of money also. Head unit install seems complex but is really just a bunch of splicing wires. It's fun taking your car apart and installing stuff.

if your gonna go, go all out b/c in electronics you pay for what you get. i dont really trust ebay for some reason i guess its my lack of experience with it
    '04 premium java sedan

I dont really trust it either but one of my friends does the whole ebay thing all of the time and is pretty successful