boost gauge install picture
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost gauge install picture within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i am going to be installing my aftermarket boost guage. does anyone have a picture of where they tapped ...

boost gauge install picture

ok i am going to be installing my aftermarket boost guage. does anyone have a picture of where they tapped ito? i am not sure which hose to tap and thought if someone could post a picture it would help.
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan

thanks for the link...do u or anyone know what size the "T" fitting is for the boost gauge..mine didnt come with the fitting thanks
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

just go to autozone and buy a variety pack of themfor like $1.50

ok thanks i wasnt sure if there was a specific size that had to be used
    Chris

I just went to NAPA and picked up a universal vacuum T. Clip off the small ends and there ya go... larger fits perfect with the stock hoses.

heres a dumb question..is there a difference between regualr T connectors and vacuum T connectors?
    Chris

the vacume T's are usually white, just go to a autoparts store and tell them what ya need, they'll help ya out

where is the best place to tap into for the boost gauge.

please dont tell me to do a search
    and please dont tell me any vaccum line b/c i dont know which one is a vacuum line...

can i tap into the lin the comes from the boost selenoid that goes to the "T" fitting on the passanger side of the car? does that give agood reading? some kid told me that u tap into the line coming fomr the BOV...i did that but didnt get any reading on my guage so i guess that wasnt right either...can someone post me a pic...thanks car is all torn apart to install this guage and untill i get it right i am carless. thanks and sorry for being an ignorant newb
    Chris

Originally posted by stcktnkid
    where is the best place to tap into for the boost gauge.

please dont tell me to do a search
    and please dont tell me any vaccum line b/c i dont know which one is a vacuum line...

can i tap into the lin the comes from the boost selenoid that goes to the "T" fitting on the passanger side of the car? does that give agood reading? some kid told me that u tap into the line coming fomr the BOV...i did that but didnt get any reading on my guage so i guess that wasnt right either...can someone post me a pic...thanks car is all torn apart to install this guage and untill i get it right i am carless. thanks and sorry for being an ignorant newb
    If you aren't getting any reading off of the bov that means 1. your bov isn't working properly, or 2. your gauge is broken. The bov works under pressure and if there is no pressure in the vacuum hose going to your bov then its not going to work. I researched a lot before installing mine and the best place, in my opinion, is right off of the bov.

Others may have better options but thats all i could find on the searches i did. Some guys tapped somewhere near the wastegate and had problems with only positive boost readings and others had weird readings. Ultimately it comes down to your preference on mounting location. But i highly suggest you check your bov line to see if the line is pinched and thats the reason you are not getting a reading. Compressor surge will kill your turbo if the bov is not working right.

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page3.html

pictures from the subyparts manual are worth a thousand words

But you can run the boost gauge tube or wiring through the grommet just behind the brake pedal instead of the one behind the intercooler for ease.
    Last edited by wrxinfx; 07-19-2004 at 07:51 PM.

yeah i might have to check the line to the guage to make sure that it isnt pinched or kinked or something..i hate when things dont go smoothly...grrrrrrr
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.