temperature gauge

This is a discussion on temperature gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Transmission temperature gauge install.....for 4eat. I have installed the gauge and sender by cut the atf rubber tube right by ...

temperature gauge

Transmission temperature gauge install.....for 4eat.

I have installed the gauge and sender by cut the atf rubber tube right by the transmission, putting a brass T, and screwing the sender into the top of the T. But the gauge doesnt read anything, it just sits below 100. The brass get real hot down there so I know the sender is being fed. I thought it was since I didnt install it into the tranny pan so it wasnt grounded. So addign a ground wire pegs the temp gauge over 250 instantly no matter where its grounded on the engine or frame. Can you think of a problem it might be?

thanks,.
    Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bad Sender ??

Some senders need to be mounted into something which is grounded. I would guess that a temp sender would not need to be... althought it definately depends on the sender. How many wires run to the sender and what are they (power, ground, signal, etc)?

I have long since figured it out. I used steel braided lines attached to the transmission and spliced the sender into that and that naturally grounded it. Before I was attempting to ground it with a wire to the frame but it went awol.
    MY MODS

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    I have long since figured it out. I used steel braided lines attached to the transmission and spliced the sender into that and that naturally grounded it. Before I was attempting to ground it with a wire to the frame but it went awol.

hey, i'm interested in said product, where did you get it from? Can you share a link?

thx.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I just replaced the rubber tranny hoses with generic stainless steel braided ones. The steel effectively grounded the sender (autometer tranny temp gauge) to the transmission itself. I spliced the sender in the tranny line coming from the TM.
    MY MODS