Blitz DTT Help

This is a discussion on Blitz DTT Help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed my Blitz DTT using the harness. Right now everything is hooked up and i'm just testing stuff out. ...

Blitz DTT Help

I installed my Blitz DTT using the harness. Right now everything is hooked up and i'm just testing stuff out. So I started my car up, the unit powers on fine and i can cycle through all the settings, but when i turn my car off, the blitz turns off as well...so it wont run the car after i turn the car off and take the keys out.

Any ideas..?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Its not hooked up right. I had the same problem w/ mine... You need to ground it or something... I cant remember.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Well I used the blitz harness, and grounded both ground wires. I checked all the connections and everything is connected securely...I tried using different settings auto and manual timer, but nothing will keep the car running once I turn the car off...
    So I'm not sure what's wrong..

This problem occurs with most Blitz tt users..... Search this forum and there will be at least 3 with the same problem as you. One thing that you will have to re inspect is the connection of the e brake wire to make sure that it has a secure connection. Most people tap into this with a wire tap and sometimes there is no bare wire connection. I spliced to gaurantee a secure connection, and when I did, the unit stayed on instead of knocking off automatically. Try it and if it doesn't work.. come back and the others can help you out

I didn't hook up the ebrake wire yet. I didn't know that was necessary for the turbo timer function to work...

yup, its a safety feature. That way no one can steal your car when you leave. As soon as the e brake is disengaged or put down, it completes a circuit... sending a signal to the blitz unit telling it to shut down... thats the simple explanation. could get technical on ya but kinda hard to follow. Connect the e brake wire. Its essential to the proper operation of the unit. good luck

yeah i know what the ebrake wire does, i just thought it was optional, and didn't need to be connected...

what is the best way to connect it? just splice into it and put some electrical tape around it?

yup, simple but effective.. if not you could get those wire taps if you don't like cutting factory wiring.

I'd rather not cut any factory wiring if i dont have to...
    What are wire taps, and how do they work?

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    No, no, no, it's not just the e-brake! Mine works w/o the e-brake up. As a matter of fact i took the keys out while driving yesterday and set the timer for 9 mins!!! Look mom, no keys! I do feel sorry for the guy who tries to steal my car though,... because as soon as you try and turn the wheel, it's lock up city.....scared the $hit out of me!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

unwritten law.. here ya go.. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=082-140

Southpaw. Did you just ground the e-brake wire to the chassis? I figured this would work also, but isn't it safer to have the e brake tapped as I would rather have would be thieves not going anywhere than to have them drive away and have the steering lock up and trash my precious car.

this one is easier to use...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 082-140t.jpg  

thanks for the info. how do the wire taps actually work? sry, i'm a newb at electronics...

and as far as the ebrake wire needing to be connected for the turbo timer function to work, can anyone actually confirm this? because i dont want to hook it up right now if i dont have to. i dont plan on letting the turbo timer run a long time and I'll be in range to lock and arm the car when it turns off.

i just want to know why its not working correctly. i've checked the connections..not much to screw up..since i used the harness, everything looks good there..i'm stumped..

There's no bad things that happen when you hook up the e-brake wire. Only bad thing that can happen is that you don't and someone drives off with your car. Tap just opens up and clips over other wire. The hole you see at the larger end is where the e brake wire goes in. Snap shut and there you go. Not too hard. It splices into the wire for ya. All you need to do is crimp a spade plug to your tt e brake wire and plug it right in. Takes less than 1 minute. Although it'll take you 5 minutes to take off the center console. My total time to hook up my Blitz with harness was 20 minutes with the hardest part trying to unhook the stock ignition harness. The easiest was tapping the wire.

And if you don't like to splice wires and crimp spades.. get this and just insert both wires.... clamp shut and you should be in business..>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 082-100t.jpg