Metric Gauges?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Metric Gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can we use JDM metric gauges in our cars? I wonder if they'd be a simple no hassle install. Does ...

Metric Gauges?

Can we use JDM metric gauges in our cars? I wonder if they'd be a simple no hassle install. Does anybody know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of gauges are you installing? Should be compatible as far as wiring and vacuum lines ( for boost gauges ). Wiring is usually universal for most gauges and the only difference is the reading of the units. metric vs. standard. Im a noob at doing this and its pretty easy so it should be the same for you. Good luck

thanks, I mean the speedo and tachometer one (main cluster)

If I remember right, Nabisco had an install on on a cluster install. Or was it scoobymods? Maybe it was a thread on Nabisco that went to scoobymods... oh well . They did a detailed thing on putting on the JDM impreza gauge cluster to an american Rex. Don't know much else as I didn't read further.

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    JDM will work fine, just get used to km/h.

and heres the v8 sti gauge intsall

http://www.rspeed.org/howto/sticluster.php

i just read that you have an 05, so that installation guide would NOT apply to you, but i dont have enough knowledge about the 05's yet to tell you anything differently

as far as i know, USDM and JDM STi gauges should be swappable directly. if you want JDM sti gauges on your sti, unplug the neg on the battery, take off the trim around the cluster, unscrew the cluster off the dash, remove harnesses, take out USDM, put in JDM plug in all wires, screw to dash and put trim back on, reinstall neg on battery and enjoy
    Last edited by SweetTurboWhine; 07-03-2004 at 08:48 PM.
    woooo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.