Question About Alarm

This is a discussion on Question About Alarm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm having hard time with factory alarm b/c I can't tell my car is locked or unlocked when I push ...

Question About Alarm

I'm having hard time with factory alarm b/c I can't tell my car is locked or unlocked when I push remote since no feed back (no parking light flash).

I removed DRL module (R engine room) and I did HI/Fog mod.

Are these mods affecting my alarm system or just my alarm is broke?

Please help me.

thanks

Taka

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

unless you accidentally cut the wrong wire and completely disabled the parking lights, the problem is with your alarm.

do the doors lock/unlock when you press the buttons on the remote? a good way to check alarm operation is to activate panic mode. after you have locked the doors with the remote, press and hold the red "lock" button for about 5 seconds. the alarm should go off.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I think there is something wrong with your alarm. I too have the factory alarm and have always seen a parking light flash when activated/deactivated..go have it checked by your dealer..
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

i'll go dealer tomorrow.

It was on Valet mode.

Now everything is fine.

Thanks for help

Taka

haha...nice one!

i did the same thing. i knew about valet mode, but it didn't act like valet mode. easy fix though.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

how do you put it into valet mode? what does it do?

dR

I Support ClubWRX
    Valet mode:

Open the passenger door, press the arm key for more than 2 seconds. You will your red light flash for your factory alarm on the gauge cluster, but instead it will flash twice. This will disarm the alarm but still allow you to use the door locks with the arm button. To disaram valet mode. Do the exact oppostie as above.

The reason why I know this now is I have to do this were I live since all the critters in the mountains like to walk across my car at night and set off the alarm. I don't want to piss off the neighbors, so I disarm it.

Good luck
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)