Disabled DRL's. Now Brake light is on?

This is a discussion on Disabled DRL's. Now Brake light is on? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I disabled my DRLs by unplugging the relay behind the glove box and leaving the plug in the engine compartment ...

Disabled DRL's. Now Brake light is on?

I disabled my DRLs by unplugging the relay behind the glove box and leaving the plug in the engine compartment connected.
    Now, my parking brake light stays on the instrument cluster, but the light is very dim, but I can tell it is on.

Obviously when I unplugged the relay I interupted a connection that allows the light to remain on.

My question, can I put some sort of jumper between two pins to keep the light off except when the E-brake is on?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same problem. It happened around the same time I disconnected the DRL but I made no correlation between the two. I have since then checked the fluid level and pad wear, both are ok. Is this the definite cause of the dim lit brake light?

Well, that certainly is no help. And it matters for me because if my pads do wear low causing the brake fluid level to decrease or I just plain have a leak, the indicator light will not alert me to the problem because it is constantly on.

I'm wondering thought what two (or more) pins on that one plug were connected through that particular relay.

I got a diagram that shows

Y/R is goes to right headlight
    G/B is 12v power
    G/R goes to light switch
    Y/G goes to dimmer/passing switch
    Y/R goes through the daytime running light resistor to ground

any ideas what to connect?

bump