HKS turbo timer PLEASE HELP!!

This is a discussion on HKS turbo timer PLEASE HELP!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I just tried to install my HKS Type-0 turbo timer. I got the harness, clicked it in. I ...

HKS turbo timer PLEASE HELP!!

Hey all,
    I just tried to install my HKS Type-0 turbo timer. I got the harness, clicked it in. I grounded and connected the parking brake line. Everything seemed great. Lights came on, I could set the time, it even beeped for me. The problem happens when I turn the car off. The timer starts to count down, but the car still turns off. What could be happening???

Thanks in advance,
    Todd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like the only problem could be the harness isn't seated properly or maybe you have a faulty unit.. If it's counting down, you know the ground is good and the brake is wired properly.

I know that I checked the harness connection two or three times. Must be the unit. Ebay Sucks.

Todd

You might just have it configured wrong.. Its pretty confusing and if youre anything like me you probably didn't read the directions very thouroughly.. Email the guy you bought it from.

I am going to try everything once more when I get home from work tomorrow. Maybe the harness wasn't in all the way or something. Did you hook up the brown wire? I didn't. Would that have anything to do with it? I figured that was the RPM wire and wasn't mandatory. I'm hoping that has something to do with it.

Todd

Eh.. I dont remember the brown wire. That's not part of the harness, right? It seems like there was one wire I didn't hook up, but I don't remember for sure. Hope ya get it figured out.

From what I have been reading on other boards the HKS Type-0 timer needs to receive an RPM signal (the brown wire) from the ECU. I will hook it up tonight and see what happens.

Todd

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Make sure its grounded...same thing happen to me...
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I just tried it again with no luck. I think the damn thing is mocking me. It beeps lights up and counts down, but still as soon as the key is turned to off the car shuts off. Meanwhile the timer runs its course. When time is out it shuts off.

Could it just be a bad unit?

Jack: Where did you ground it? My experience thus far is that if it's not grounded the timer won't even turn on.

Todd

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I grounded mine on one of the bolts on netal frame underneath the steering column.