WRX Diver's Seat
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Diver's Seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is anyone else bothered by the two metal "bars" that run through each side of the seat. They hit me ...

WRX Driver's Seat

Is anyone else bothered by the two metal "bars" that run through each side of the seat. They hit me about mid-thigh if i push my legs apart at all. After a while it is a little uncomfortable. Pushing on it with my finger there doesn't seem to be much cushion at all between the "bars" and the seat. My passenger seat does not have this problem. So the question is: Do you have the same problem or is my seat uniquely wrong?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RangerWRX; 07-26-2002 at 06:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't have that problem, i just find the seats to be built for???? i don't know, maybe the guy who can fit into levi's 501's....who the hell can wear those anyway. i like a nice snug fitting seat like the next guy but this is one part of the car that just isn't right for me.

anyway, i don't have two metal bars that can be felt anywhere in the seat.

Ranger I noticed those bars too. They don't really bother me but they are noticable.

Me Too...

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    Ranger I noticed those bars too. They don't really bother me but they are noticable.

I made a run to Lost Wages from L.A. and about 200 mi. in they really started to bother my muscularly challenged physique.

Clavo
    What's the square root of 69 ?.........8 something

Quote Originally Posted by RangerWRX
    Is anyone else bothered by the two metal "bars" that run through each side of the seat. They hit me about mid-thigh if i push my legs apart at all. After a while it is a little uncomfortable. Pushing on it with my finger there doesn't seem to be much cushion at all between the "bars" and the seat. My passenger seat does not have this problem. So the question is: Do you have the same problem or is my seat uniquely wrong?
    Thanks.

Hi there. Yes this is a major issue now for me. At first when I got the wrx (3 months ago) it was fine. 2 weeks after owning it I had to make a 900 mile trip from TX to CO and it started to irretate me.

Now its really bothering me. I have to sit straight to not have this bother me. I am not sure what to do. I am either considering replacing the seats or trader my WRX in. I do need more of a comfort seat since I travel about 60 miles a day.

I did however liked my 97 Integra seats. I wonder if they would be on my 04 wrx... anyone know?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerWRX
    Thanks.
    Spirited driving, and even every day they don't bother me at all, but on long trips they bug the hell out of me after a couple hours cause i want to spread my legs more.
    Stock or something close to it.....

I don't have the two metal bars, that I've noticed, and I've taken a couple reasonably long trips in the car. If anything, I think the seat's a little too big. I always find myself sitting cockeyed in it, slanted with my back near the door, and my knees angled towards the center of the dash.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

its definately something i have never felt before, but now that its been mentioned... i'm sure i'll feel it all the time. damn you!!!
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

I have the same problem in my 02 as well although after 89000 miles of just dealing with it i'm just used to it. i'm also quite large and am sure that had a lot to do with it. But I also think that because these are left hand drive cars so the gas pedal is very far to the left. If you sit streight up and look down the middle of the steering wheel, the gas pedal is actually left of the center. I think this causes my legs and lower body to be over to the left all together so my thigh is pushed on the ridge on the seat. In right hand drive cars the gas pedal is further to the right so on long trips it is way more comfortable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.