Harness Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Harness Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I would like to get a racing harness for my driver's seat seeing as how I want to take ...

Harness Question

So I would like to get a racing harness for my driver's seat seeing as how I want to take my car to the track and be safe but my question is do I have to get a harness bar??? I have seen some WRX's without harness bars and they had harnesses....if this is possible with stock seating/interior options, how is it done....the Greddy car that the guy on this board just bought has them I think...looks like they clip into the back seatbelts......anyone who can help me out with my question - thanks!
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't need the harness bar....from there are you going with a true 5 point, true 4 point, or a 3 point (the shoulder harnesses make a y behind the seat and bolt at one spot?

ok, from here i'm guessing, but i have been told there are bolts between the rear seat back and bottom. I looked the other day, and found some child seat clips, there are probably bolts that hold those down, so you can just bolt the shoulder harness down there, and then the lap belts where the original 3 point lap belt hooks up.

As for the sterilizer (5 point) i don't have a clue where that goes....probably put in your own bolt?

I too am interested in a 5 point and wonder what other people have done......

hope this helps
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    by not mounting it to a harness bar, the stresses of breaking are placed on the lever mechanism of your seat. Now, that may not be a problem if your seat is single piece without a recliner, but remember that physics has a nasty habit of exponentially increasing your weight upon sudden impact at accelerated speeds. If you'r going to mount them, there are bolts on the rear top deck that are secure and allow for the use of a quick release, climibing hook. That setup, may or may not pass tech inspection during raceday, but for everyday driving, or a canyon run, is a great alternative to tearing down your car to mount a harness.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    also, the rear strap(s) has to be in as horizontal a position as possible for it to work without compromoise.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    also, the rear strap(s) has to be in as horizontal a position as possible for it to work without compromoise.
    true, but they can also be mounted at most -45 degrees from the horizontal, assuming slow speeds and all.

If your planning on going fast, just get the harness bar. and you can still use your back seat.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.