Air Conditioning
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Air Conditioning within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't know if this is the place to address this, but does anybodyelse's A/C suck? I have a wagon ...

Air Conditioning

I don't know if this is the place to address this, but does anybodyelse's A/C suck? I have a wagon and for some reason it never really gets cold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My A/C performance in the heat and humidity of Honolulu is less than stellar. Not TERRIBLE per se, but it's wanting. :-(

I was just about to ask that question. The A/C in my sedan never gets cold enough. Does this happen just because of the way Subies are made? or is there an actual problem?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Mine works great. Gets me cold even when its 105 and very humid out. I've never had a problem with it.

do those that think the AC is great have tinted windows, I grew up in Florida, and found that tinted (even lightly) windows make all the difference in the world. My A/C is sub-par, but i attribute it to not have the windows tinted on a black car. All of my previous vechiles have had heavily tinted windows and the AC has always been stellar.
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

Mine aren't tinted.

I don't have a problem with mine. It doesn't freeze water, but it gets it plenty cool compared to outside.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

my ac is awesome...no tints, kickson in 10 seconds and ice cold

Re: Air Conditioning

Originally posted by Stuss76
    I don't know if this is the place to address this, but does anybodyelse's A/C suck? I have a wagon and for some reason it never really gets cold.
    Suck is probably too strong a term but on hot days (100+) I've noticed it's not quite as chilly as various Hondas and Acuras and US rental cars I have driven extensively.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

A/C is VERY weak, even compared to Outbacks. I've been spoiled by VW and GM but I still find my level of cooling to be unacceptable, took it to the dealer and of course was told that everything is functioning properly, and cooling is to spec (45 degrees at the center vents) I find that hard to believe as even in 60 degree weather with no sun the car still never gets cold, just cool, but never cold. In my other vehicles I've always had to turn the fan to low and add some heat, even when the temps get into the 80's. Oh well, a minor fault, it is better than no air conditioning at all!!! Aw shucks, I won't complain about it ever again!

so take out the AC and ur car will be a little faster...there ya go

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    SOLUTION. I had the same problem. Here's the solution..

Having problem with AC?

Believe it or not, my AC is too cold now.

Jason

I have a black wagon and it never gets as cold as I'd like- it definitely blows freezing cold air, but it's nowhere near as cold in the car as my GTP was- by the way, if you have a wagon, it helps to drive with the back windows rolled down for a few minutes, to let the hot air out- I also noticed that it doesn't get quite as cold when I have it on the "let outside air in" setting on the dash. You should be getting cold air- if you're not then something's wrong. I went from V8's to V6's and now to a four banger- it always seems that the larger engines are able to pump out more cold air from the A/C compressor. Just food for thought.

Mine gets cold as hell...ur...antarctica. Make sure the arrow is pointing at the extreme edge of the blue bar. Blue=cold and red=hot.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Are you serious? It probably would help to have the car on as well right? Maybe I should open those vent things too. Mine is plugged in and still doesn't get very cold. My wife's Jetta gets soooooo much colder. Oh well.
    Last edited by Stuss76; 08-13-2002 at 11:01 AM.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.