Air Conditioning - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Air Conditioning within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by Stuss76 Maybe I should open those vent things too. Mine is plugged in and still doesn't get ...

Originally posted by Stuss76
    Maybe I should open those vent things too. Mine is plugged in and still doesn't get very cold.
    See...there's your problem.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK, I'm putting this on my "to do" list:
    Don't forget to:
    1.Turn the car on
    2. plug in the A/C harness
    3. turn A/C on
    4. open vents and turn knob to "cold" setting
    5. add turbo fluid
    6. add horn and blinker fluid

I live here in texas and it gets hot as hell down here and yes even with tinted windows my a/c sucks!! My civic's a/c gets way colder than my wrx !!!!
    02 Blue WRX Sedan<---Gone but not Forgotten!!!!
    05 WR Blue WRX Sti <---- coming soon

Originally posted by BlueScooby
    I live here in texas and it gets hot as hell down here and yes even with tinted windows my a/c sucks!! My civic's a/c gets way colder than my wrx !!!!
    I too am from Houston, and my A/C works fine. Where from Houston are you anyways?
    Fahd

I am not going to say that my AC "Sucks" but I have noticed that other auto's I have been in can have it much cooler. I live in the very humid savannah GA and it cools me off after alittle while, at least it's better then no AC at all.

Being cool is not the reason we purchased a WRX. My other car is an Acura MDX and it will keep you cool... but if you are driving in the mountains or just using full boost to get going on the Interstate, you simply don't care. My car cost about half of what my wife's and I hate to drive her car (and I hate to see her drive my car... poor, neglected turbo)... our car is just so much fun. The A/C works, but I am very seriously considering putting in a roof vent/scoop so I don't have to waste the power on such trival things as passenger comfort.

Silver Wagon TXS Stage II

Originally posted by Av8r
    Being cool is not the reason we purchased a WRX. My other car is an Acura MDX and it will keep you cool... but if you are driving in the mountains or just using full boost to get going on the Interstate, you simply don't care. My car cost about half of what my wife's and I hate to drive her car (and I hate to see her drive my car... poor, neglected turbo)... our car is just so much fun. The A/C works, but I am very seriously considering putting in a roof vent/scoop so I don't have to waste the power on such trival things as passenger comfort.

Silver Wagon TXS Stage II
    i also have thought of that but it kills aerodynamics

Hmmm...

I'm glad to see this post - at least I'm not crazy:

As some of you know, I'm now on my second '02 Wagon. My fist was flooded & totalled here in Houston just 3 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks after purchasing my first wagon, I brought it back to the dealer because the A/C was coming in & out! At times, I was blowing truly frigid air, other times it was blowing the hot, moist air of Texas. It was killing me! And what's worse, it was blowing the hot air predominantly when at a stand still, and would blow cold when moving. Eventually I realized it was blowing hot air when the engine was revving below 2000 RPM, and would get quite cold when revving above. SO, I learned to rev my engine at traffic lights. When I brought the car in, the dealer did some tests and claimed all was fine.

Then that car was totalled, and I got my current car. Now, I've only had the current wagon a few days, but there is no question in my mind whatsoever that THIS wagon is WAY better than my first one! I don't know what was going on with the first one, but this one keeps me cold as sh*t! The only time THIS wagon seems to blow even a little warm is if I stop short - if I'm flying and then suddenly come to a stop or slow down dramatically. Otherwise, no problems.

Blue '02 Wagon, factory short-throw & boost gauge...more to come...

Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by WingedWagon
    I'm glad to see this post - at least I'm not crazy:

As some of you know, I'm now on my second '02 Wagon. My fist was flooded & totalled here in Houston just 3 weeks ago.

About 2 weeks after purchasing my first wagon, I brought it back to the dealer because the A/C was coming in & out! At times, I was blowing truly frigid air, other times it was blowing the hot, moist air of Texas. It was killing me! And what's worse, it was blowing the hot air predominantly when at a stand still, and would blow cold when moving. Eventually I realized it was blowing hot air when the engine was revving below 2000 RPM, and would get quite cold when revving above. SO, I learned to rev my engine at traffic lights. When I brought the car in, the dealer did some tests and claimed all was fine.

Then that car was totalled, and I got my current car. Now, I've only had the current wagon a few days, but there is no question in my mind whatsoever that THIS wagon is WAY better than my first one! I don't know what was going on with the first one, but this one keeps me cold as sh*t! The only time THIS wagon seems to blow even a little warm is if I stop short - if I'm flying and then suddenly come to a stop or slow down dramatically. Otherwise, no problems.

All I gotta say is that we have tropical storm Fay here, and she's supposed to dump a good amount of rain. DON"T GET YOUR CAR FLOODED AGAIN
    Fahd

No doubt!!

Tell me about it!!! I have made several contingency plans this time. First, car's in the driveway instead of in the street. Still, driveway could flood. SO, I've scoped out the neighborhood & found an elevated parking garage, so if it even starts to SMELL a little hairy out there, I'm headed for high ground!! But right now, it's looking like we missed all the action. Of course, I haven't gone outside yet to look in my car. Last time it flooded, everything looked calm outside...I skipped out the front door, smiling at my WRBlue baby...opened the door...threw a bag of stuff onto the floor of my car and...SPLASH. SO, I'm avoiding looking inside my car this AM. Still, I don't think it got that bad last night. We'll see what the next three days bring. *@#?in' Houston weather.

i'll cross my fingers for you and your car that it's not flooded..
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re: No doubt!!

Tell me about it!!! I have made several contingency plans this time. First, car's in the driveway instead of in the street. Still, driveway could flood. SO, I've scoped out the neighborhood & found an elevated parking garage, so if it even starts to SMELL a little hairy out there, I'm headed for high ground!! But right now, it's looking like we missed all the action. Of course, I haven't gone outside yet to look in my car. Last time it flooded, everything looked calm outside...I skipped out the front door, smiling at my WRBlue baby...opened the door...threw a bag of stuff onto the floor of my car and...SPLASH. SO, I'm avoiding looking inside my car this AM. Still, I don't think it got that bad last night. We'll see what the next three days bring. *@#?in' Houston weather.
    Damn dude...you're gonna pull some James Bond type shiz to protect your car. That's cool though...I think we can all relate to your undying love for your car. I don't think the weather's gonna be as bad as the news is making out to be. Everyone's just paranoid from the previous destruction from Allison. I spent the entire day studying at Starbucks as opposed to installing my uppipe because I was afraid of having my plans foiled by the heavy rain. So much for that. Tomorrow is the day though. I'm doing it for sure. AAAAHH!!! I'm so excited. What's this thread about again? Oh yeah...air conditioning good. Laterz.

Fahd
    Fahd

Re: Hmmm...

Now, I've only had the current wagon a few days, but there is no question in my mind whatsoever that THIS wagon is WAY better than my first one! I don't know what was going on with the first one, but this one keeps me cold as sh*t! The only time THIS wagon seems to blow even a little warm is if I stop short - if I'm flying and then suddenly come to a stop or slow down dramatically. Otherwise, no problems.

Winged, did your old wagon have the air filtration option? Does your new one?

boxman
    The meek shall inherit the earth, then we'll take it away from them....

no

Good question, but neither car had the air filtration. And they both had/have the same tint. The only differences are that the new one has the short-throw shifter, boost gauge, and audio upgrade, and the old one didn't have these. But I can't think of any reason why any of those would make a diff.

Oh, and...

P.S.: Flood schmood. Where's the rain? Nothin's doin' here.

Whew.

-Trace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.