speaker help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on speaker help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, Friday night, i installed infinity kappas in all four doors. I had some trouble with the one door speaker ...

speaker help

Ok, Friday night, i installed infinity kappas in all four doors. I had some trouble with the one door speaker when i first turned the stereo on. There was hardly any sound coming out of the one speaker. After checking some connections, i found out one of the connections had somehow worked itself loose. This morning, went outside to play with the settings on the head unit and this same very speaker is giving a very staticky sound when the bass hits. Is it possible there is a problem with the connection again or do you think the speaker is now blown hence the staticky sound when only the bass is hitting.
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems strange, but I think the speaker is defective or blown. What your describing as you refered to, is a blown speaker issue. I would connect it to the wires in the other door, and see if you have the same problem. If you do, return them for new ones.

Damn. Funny thing is it was working fine all day yesterday until this morning. Can i definately return these speakers if worse comes to worse? I went thru crutchfield by the way.
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    give em' a call, im sure you can ship it back for new ones but im not sure if you have to pay for shipping
    woooo

speaker definately has a defect of some sort, so im shipping them back. crutchfield has a 30 day money back guarantee so im going to ship them back and pick up another set.
    2003 Sonic Yellow Wrx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.