Are these Diamond Audio Speakers any good?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Are these Diamond Audio Speakers any good? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking at the Diamond Audio M661 Component Set http://www.acaraudio.com/product_inf...roducts_id=451 The other option I have is to just get some ...

Are these Diamond Audio Speakers any good?

I'm looking at the Diamond Audio M661 Component Set
    http://www.acaraudio.com/product_inf...roducts_id=451

The other option I have is to just get some infinity components which are abit cheaper.

I'm using a Kenwood KDC-X679 Excelon Deck with the idea of possibly powering my components with an amp in the future when I have more money.
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My friend has a set of those in is mazda 3. They sound really awesome but he had to power them. With the stock power it sounded like crap but thats because the stock system in that car puts out probably less than 10 watts a channel. With a 100 watts per side.... whoa blew my ears away and I got a set of MB quartz in my car.

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    MB Quartz, now theres a speaker [drools]
    woooo

Quote Originally Posted by SweetTurboWhine
    MB Quartz, now theres a speaker [drools]

Hehe, this should have read Mb Quart....now there *used* to be a speaker.

To the OP I'd recommend diamond audio in an instant but you may want to try and find a dealer. There is a huge difference in sound between metal and silk tweetersso you may want to get a listen. .Also, I can't even find that model on the diamond site hehe. Perhaps this is an older model?

Oh also, if you are going to be buying 2 way component speakers you will definitely want to buy an amp in the very near future or you will be back here in a week telling us how crappy those speakers sound hehe. Components require a good deal more juice than your stockys.
    Last edited by Slide; 07-10-2006 at 08:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.