stock stereo bracket
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock stereo bracket within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; gee... I screwed.... I was trying to install a new stereo to my wrx. so, you know, the first thing ...

Angry stock stereo bracket

gee... I screwed....

I was trying to install a new stereo to my wrx. so, you know, the first thing would be removing the stock stereo.

ok... when i unscrew the bracket from the stock stereo, the screws slipped (i dunno how to call that.. i hope you understand what i mean) I can't unscrew them out coz the screws are bad now.

do you guys have any suggestion what to do next? did anybody go to local subaru dealership and get the stereo bracket? how much are they?

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you mean you stripped the head?

If you can get the part number for the bracket, usually I've found that

1stsubaruparts.com

has pretty good OEM prices. Good luck.
    -C

ever thought of using a drill with a small bit to remove the dreaded screw? Just my thoughts.

well same thing happened to me, until decided to rip the stero bracket right out, using some muscle and a flat head stanley screw driver. then i used a hammer to flatten everything out

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

lol..... let me try that after several rounds of drinks...

Thanks for all of your advice. I will let you guys know how it goes

*burp*

Sears had bits that lock onto stipped screws... they are cheep! Also, if you can grip the head of the screw with some pliers, undo it with the pliers. my $0.02
    I bought a 500sqft garage and a house comes with it...

Without seeing the screw in question, I'd either A) drill out the head; or B) use a dremel wheel and mill a slot so that I could use a flathead screwdriver; or C) follow the above post and buy a remover tool.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.