$10 MOMO door sill install DIY - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on MOMO door sill install DIY within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just did this mod. The sill wasn't sticking too well so I riveted it on and added 2 rivets in ...

cnk
    Just did this mod. The sill wasn't sticking too well so I riveted it on and added 2 rivets in the middle so that the middle wouldn't pop up. Here's a pic since it seems everyone wants to see what it looks like riveted in. I used 1/8"x1/8" aluminum rivets.

Calvin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side-sill.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

t
    Came out nice, thanks for gettin those up for everyone who wanted to see.

cnk
    Thanks. . .only took about an hour to do both sides. That's with the help of a Dremel of course.

Calvin

what version of door sills are you guys buying? their website shows diamond cut, straight weave, polished or brushed.

the polished and brushed versions look the best, but its hard to tell from the pics.

Thanks,
    Matt-

cnk
    Mine is the diamond cut. When I ordered last week, the only one available was diamond cut.

Calvin

Originally posted by cnk
    Just did this mod. The sill wasn't sticking too well so I riveted it on and added 2 rivets in the middle so that the middle wouldn't pop up. Here's a pic since it seems everyone wants to see what it looks like riveted in. I used 1/8"x1/8" aluminum rivets.

Calvin
    I might have do that, I riveted mine but the center is popping up like you said (damn adhesive)

I was also thinking about jut putting some epoxy on the bottom though.

cnk
    I think it looked cleaner with the rivets in the middle as well. If it were real metal instead of a sticker, you'd have to rivet the middle anyways to keep the metal down.

Calvin

How does one remove the door sills? I am doin this mod this weekend and want to know what i am doin a bit before i start....
    '04 PSM Wagon. Silver Wagon Club? What is that? Am i in it?

cnk
    There is a plastic screw clip along the kickpanel and another plastic pop clip along the inner door frame. Then just pull up gently to pop it out. The sill is hold down with 4 clips along the door edge.

Calvin

Thanks Calvin.....although i didn't get to it this past weekend, i am gonna try to round out the edge of the momo sill with a grinder or something so it matches the contour of the stock sill. I am also gonna go with the rivets. I'll post pics when i have the opportunity.
    '04 PSM Wagon. Silver Wagon Club? What is that? Am i in it?

I got some pics of mine..

Thanks for the info, I just got mine delivered today! I just have to decide how I want to mount them now. I'm definitely contemplating doing the rear ones also. I haven't seen and posts from anyone whose done it yet, but if you do, please post pics. Thanks!

Just wondering ... How long did it take for shipping..? I had mine shipped " Ground "

they arrive pretty quick.

have had mine for a few months and still havent gotten around to doing them.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

I received mine in 3 days I think with the ground shipping.

I installed mine the other day and they look great. I used the 6 rivet method cnk used. The adhesive was worthless and it was pulling up between the rivets. I drilled out the rivets and glued them down using 3M plastic emblem adhesive, then reriveted it when the glue was dry. So far I haven't had any problems with it. I definitely recommend gluing them down before riveting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.