$10 MOMO door sill install DIY - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on MOMO door sill install DIY within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That sucks!!! Mine came in the other day as well...who knows when I'll actually put em in....

That sucks!!! Mine came in the other day as well...who knows when I'll actually put em in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered a set. I'm definitely gonna cut the doorsill to match the size of the momo one. I've been trying to figure out how to subtley pimp out my polk momo speakers... problem solved!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chunks
    Mine came in today.

I am going to use a riveter and rivet it in the plastic along w/ the adhesive b/c I don't think the adhesive will last.
    Best idea ever. I did this mod tonight. That adhesive doesn't hold up very well. You can tell instantly.

Luckily I actually already had a riveter. There are 4 fake-rivets in the 4 corners of each sill, which makes it very easy to center punch and drill through. Then rivet. It looks great! Too dark for pics tonight though.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

What a deal

Just picked up a pair can't wait to get them, great company I placed the order and within the hour they had a tracking number because they shipped em out, should have em by wednesday can't wait to put them on they will go great with my PSM 04 WRX and my sphere momo shift knob

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Quick question, only the short ones will fit the front doors of a wrx? Also what about the rear doors? No option? I plan on ordering these on monday. Oh and one last question. When I order them, do they come in a pair? Or do I need to order two? Thanks for your help!

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

I ordered two sets (diamond cut shorties) and installed the fronts yesterday, look great. A little more bling than I was hoping for; Brushed aluminum sills would match the interior better but since they only offer the Diamond cut in short, not much choice there.

For the rears, I'm going to cut them to fit the rear factory sills. I'll post pics when finished.

Jay
    -Jay-
    2002 Aspen White WRX Sedan
    Blitz SUS Intake
    Blitz SBCiD/PowerMeterID
    ED Downpipe
    Greddy Evo Catback
    UR Crank Pulley

Originally posted by mourning_air
    What finish is that? Diamond cut? DC is all they have left in the short length and I'm wondering what that looks like.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I'll try to get a pic up tonight of mine.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I saw some people posted that you can only get the short in diamond cut, this isn't quite true. I ordered mine about a week ago, and in my comments part of the order form i said if they had brushed aluminum short sills i would prefer those. Low and behold when the arrived at my door they were brushed aluminum, and now they are sitting in my door sills looking quite beautiful.

I have to get some pics of mine they came out pretty nice def well worth the 10 bucks, they didn't stick so great so i used some super glue and they are on perfect now.

I went the carbon fiber route and cut them to match the shape of my plastic sill and they look sick! I've gotten so many compliments. And the silver in the momo logo almost perfectly matches my silver paint.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

I NEED PICTURES!!!!!

Everyone keeps talking about how great they look, I want to see if I want to do this. Please post pics up close of the brushed aluminum, diamond cut, and the carbon fiber...whoever has each. I'd really appreciate it.

Originally posted by WR Blue Pearl
    I NEED PICTURES!!!!!

Everyone keeps talking about how great they look, I want to see if I want to do this. Please post pics up close of the brushed aluminum, diamond cut, and the carbon fiber...whoever has each. I'd really appreciate it.
    lol...Cannibal posted a link with the installation and pictures of what they look like here.

Originally posted by iMP|2EZiONS
    lol...Cannibal posted a link with the installation and pictures of what they look like here.
    I know...and I appreciate the link, but I'm looking for pictures of the different finishes, like what does the brushed aluminum look like compared to the diamond cut, etc.

Originally posted by WR Blue Pearl
    I know...and I appreciate the link, but I'm looking for pictures of the different finishes, like what does the brushed aluminum look like compared to the diamond cut, etc.
    Ah I see. I didn't know they made different finishes of it. lol... I'd like to see what they look like aswell.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast