STi gauge cluster ::]
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi gauge cluster ::] within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I couldn't stand the green backlighting for the stock gauges, so I changed the color to red. I tried red ...

STi gauge cluster ::]

I couldn't stand the green backlighting for the stock gauges, so I changed the color to red. I tried red leds (horrible), red bulb covers (slightly better). Then I scraped all the green film off the faces, only to break the speedometer. I figured if I was going to cough up hundreds of dollars for a new cluster, I might as well get what I wanted.

More!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What price? and where?

I got it on ebay for $500. ravspec has them for $500 but without the glass, trim and shift light adjuster.

Now, does anyone know where I can find the instructions for installation in an 2004? The guy I got it from gave me instructions for an 02/03, but in my 04 the DCCD and rear diff temp lights stay on. Thanks!

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Looks very nice.

Does the cluster show the redline at mid 7s like a wrx or does the sti have a higher revlimiter?

Also is the speed in mph?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

revlimit probably stays the same becaause it is controlled by the ECU. The STi does have a higher revlimit.

Yup, rev limit is controlled by the ecu, but the 7k redline is still the same. And yes, its a USDM STi cluster in mph. The JDMs are easy to spot because they only have 1 set of numbers (km/h) instead of having mph and km/h like ours.

what did the install involve? Any wiring?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

check out www.unysoc.org look for screaming fast. He did this mod with a JDM v8 cluster. Got everything working, and did a GREAT tutorial on it.

Last edited by power091999; 06-24-2004 at 08:52 PM.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    what did the install involve? Any wiring?
    Plug and play.. There were instructions with it that said to clip 2 wires for an 02/03, but my harness is a bit different.

SubaruWRX2k4, link's not working, dude.. typo or something?

fixed... i put .com instead of .org

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    grrr. you beat me to it dude did you get the odometer transfered over or are you starting back at zero?
    woooo

Originally posted by SweetTurboWhine
    grrr. you beat me to it dude did you get the odometer transfered over or are you starting back at zero?
    The odometer was within 1000 miles of mine so I just left it. Might reduce the resale value but I don't mind much.

were the bulbs behind the a/c controls just bulbs or leds? if they were bulbs where can i buy the color condoms

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Nicely done qoncept. I'm still playing with my tach to get it working properly again. I think you actually bought the cluster I was looking at getting off eBay. But then the price jumped way above what I wanted to pay.

Did you hook up an outside temp sensor for the temp display? Looks great!!!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

The HVAC was done with red LEDs from autolumination.com (dremeled to disperse the light better), the center gauge pod is done with #194 bulbs and the bulb covers that came with the gauges.

The outside temp display isn't working yet but eventually I'll get to it, along with the rear diff temp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.