bose car audio

This is a discussion on bose car audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; after a long debate on what I really want out of a system, it's just come down to sq, I ...

bose car audio

after a long debate on what I really want out of a system, it's just come down to sq, I really don't need any subs for base. was listening to a cd in my mom's 03 acura tl the other day and it sounded wonderful.

so, question is does anyone know where to check out some bose car audio? I checked their site, but didn't see anything related to car audio. also considering mb quart nad jl audio, but the jl's (which I had in my last car, front's and mid's) are a little too much mid's for me.

opinions?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I could be wrong, but I think bose doesn't sell aftermarket car audio. They just have a bunch of relationships to produce stock systems for some GM, Audi, Nissan, etc. I would check crutchfield. While the prices aren't great, they have a huge selection of car audio stuff so you can see what's out there.

Most cars with Bose audio only sound good because the installation is amazing. Get some good Boston or Diamond Audio components, throw them in some kick pods or build outs and you'll be happy. You might want to have a professional do the mentioned above. It's not as easy as that.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

i'll look into those, thanks.

would a jl audio 300x2 amp be plenty, ya think?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Speakers

In my 2002 WRX I was running:

Alpine 7984
    Jl 300/4 amp
    CDT Phase Perect Speakers
    Image Dynamics 10" sub

CDT makes very nice speakers.
    tibikefor2

I like infinity components but thats be.

Get an Alpine deck and a set of Infinity seperates or even get the regular kappas, hell the reference sound great. You may also want to invest in an 8in sub. Not great for rap but amazing for listening to rock and jazz, the 8in subs bass is really tight and you get that great drum kick and the low frequencys that you can't get from regular speakers.

And im pretty sure you can't get bose aftermarket, plus in my opinion bose systems are a waste of money.

I got the rear 4in for $20 off ebay and the 10in for $20 front components were $77. sound is easy twice what the factory system was like.

I agree with Mckay- Bose is overpriced for how they sound. You can get much better sounding speakers for less than Bose. Shop around and listen.