gauges acting up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on gauges acting up within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; what gives? specifically, my oil temp gauge (Omori), when it hits about 210F, the needle starts jumping all over the ...

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

gauges acting up

what gives? specifically, my oil temp gauge (Omori), when it hits about 210F, the needle starts jumping all over the place. any idea what this could be contributed to? it works fine with temps below that. i'm using the Greddy sandwich adapter for the signal, and haven't noticed any problem until yesterday morning.

also, my EGT gauge has been acting up recently. after washing the car 2 days ago, it was reading WAY low, and now is very slow to respond to different temps (unless i'm just being paranoid). it's tapped for cyl #4, 3-4 inches from block.

any help on these, PLEASE, would be very very appreciated. i know the wiring is all good, any other ideas?
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone? anyone at all?
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    My blitz gauges do this to...

my engine temp does it the most..sometimes t just dies then comes back randomly...
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

this is really starting to bug me. does anyone have any suggestions for what might be causing this? maybe it's time to send Omori and e-mail?
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

maybe the sensor is fudged up
    FP Green STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.