I've got a Kenwood something-or-other mp3 player in my car, which is by far the best car mp3 player I've had except for one issue. It overheats (I think). When I'm driving around, especially on hot days, with the volume up, it'll work fine for a while, but eventually it'll back the volume way down (buzz kill!). After a few minutes it'll go back up, but unless I turn it down it'll keep happening.
Overheating seems like the most obvious cause to me, and luckily Kenwood added a safety feature to turn the volume down so it won't fry. That's all great, but I'd rather not have it overheat and listen to my loud music. I've got it in the top din slot where the stock stereo is. I've noticed lots of people put it in the bottom, which would potentially allow the heat to rise off it better, but with plastic lying directly on top of it, I'm not so sure it would. I've considerred taking that piece out and putting a screen in the front, or maybe drilling holes in it, or even fans, but I shouldn't need to do that. Does anyone have any ideas?