05 STi Radio harness

This is a discussion on 05 STi Radio harness within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok folks. I've done some looking around at some stores and online and I can't find any subaru harnesses for ...

05 STi Radio harness

Ok folks. I've done some looking around at some stores and online and I can't find any subaru harnesses for the radio. I'm going to attempt to install my kenwood hu in my 05 tomorrow which will require lots of cut and splice, which I'm not afraid of. My question to you is... I've done installs of decks before but never messed with the stock wiring.. Is it an industry standard for car stereo wiring colors or is it specific to subee.

Lastly, if it's specific to subee, does anyone know the color codes or better yet a store that would have a harness for my car, and who would know if the 05 harness are the same as say... an 02 legacy or wrx or something like that. Lemme know. Thanks!
    2013 STi Wagon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Subaru pretty much uses the same connectors for the contemporary subarus. There isn't a special STI harness.

Yeah, I didn't think so, but the dumbass and Best buy wanted to rip my radio out to make sure.. I was like, I don't htink so, jackass....
    2013 STi Wagon.

Well that was easy.....

Just got done installing my new deck although the fitment isn't 100% as the dash bezel doesn't let the body of the radio come trhough so my deck is recessed which is stupid.

I bought a generic Toyota map pocket kit and made it work. I figured I could. Damn dealer wanted like 50 bucks for that stupid thing. That part looks tight.

Wiring was fricken cake, got it right the first time. Yay for me, 5 times in a row.

Anyway. Still looking for my damned data cable for my kenwood sirius reciever, when I find that, I'll install that in the trunk.

Question: What's the best way to get 12v to the trunk? Is there a localized ground?
    2013 STi Wagon.

tan
    pick an existing nut in the trunk to ground.