gauge reccomendations
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on gauge reccomendations within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, I am still kinda new to teh whole turbo engine thing, so I wanted some recs from some of ...

gauge reccomendations

OK, I am still kinda new to teh whole turbo engine thing, so I wanted some recs from some of the more experienced among us. Right now, I have a wagon, with only a profec B, and an autometer boost gauge installed on the steering column. I am getting around to the uppipe and samco IC hoses, if UPS ever gets them to me. What I want to know is, what gauges are people running in cars? I am in the process of selecting some new ones to go in an apillar mount, and I know I need EGT, but beyond that, I am not sure. I was thinking fuel pressure, A/F ratio, oil pressure, etc. I am slowly modding my car, but I hope to have it fairly powerful in the next few months, and I thought gauges would be a good place to start before I go blowing something up. Anyway, any and all input will be appreciated, and if you do suggest gauges, could you also please tell me what mods you have/plan to have
    thanks,
    Darwin
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm going w/ boost, EGT, and oil pressure. You can get other guages, but I think these are good enough. Unless you like to go all out and monitor everything, then more power to you.

these are all good choices,

BOOST GAUGE
    EGT GAUGE
    A/F RATIO GAUGE
    OIL TEMP
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

probe kit

i'm getting the egt gauge and thou i don't know how to read the egt gauge.. i want to install it and learn to to use it effectively, where is the "PROBE" kit going to be install at? how hard is the installation of the autometer egt kit and does anyone know what kinda of probe kit to get with this specific gauge?
    Nothing happens until something moves

If you buy the Autometer Pyrometer kit, it comes with the probe. I think for the Ultralite 2 1/4" one the part number is 4401. You can buy these at http://www.summitracing.com

Is the OIL pressure gauge really needed??
    and the fuel pressure??
    I was planning on having a Boost Gauge,EGT Gauge (Greedy Makes a good one),And a A/F ratio Gauge (Some people say autometer is crap)
    Anyone knows if its true??
    Thanks
    Tuca

How much you are planning on modding your WRX will determine if you really need an oil pressure gauge. I don't think many (if any) of the guys in my area have one and some of them are fairly heavily modified. I would disagree with the autometer gauges being crap. I have them, and so do the SCCA Rally Subies.

I dont know if its crap..
    but i think is not as acurate as a 300USD greedy gauge.
    Thanks
    Tuca

That may or may not be true. From what I've heard, you can't beat mechanical gauges due to electrical interference that can cause problems with the electrical ones. Who knows?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.