GPS Tracking Alarms
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GPS Tracking Alarms within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; While searching around for a good tracking Alarm system I found a great deal on what is supposed to be ...

GPS Tracking Alarms

While searching around for a good tracking Alarm system I found a great deal on what is supposed to be the best.

I kept searching and found that there was currently a $50 savings.

But what is better than that was I had mentioned about the $50 off on another site and got a PM to use the Promotional Code CONTINU it saves $100 on the purchase.

Here is the site

Sold! Kicks Lojacks Butt

I'll tell you more about it after I get it installed
    Last edited by STiMULi; 06-21-2004 at 12:17 AM.
    STiMULi

Something causing or regarded as causing a response.

An agent, action, or condition that elicits or accelerates a physiological or psychological activity or response.

A WRX STi at 140mph in the dirt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

UPDATE

I got it installed and this thing is cool. I think so far my favorite part of the test was when I called my dad, 2500 miles away and told him to unlock my car. Within seconds I heard click/click and the door was unlocked

The Geo fence was a trip. Within a minute of driving away from my house I recieved a message on my cell phone that my car had left its boundry area of a 1/4 mile. It told me which direction it traveled and what street address it was near and what the speed was at the moment of detail.

I could have then disabled the vehicle but I do not have that hooked up yet as the installer wouldn't do it. The liability of shuting off the ignition of a moving vehicle is too great for them to complete that portion of the install. At least they marked the cables for me so I can do it myself.

Many people will opt instead for the starter disable but since I own a manual transmission I felt this was not enough protection since thieves would only have to push start the vehicle to drive it if they bypassed the security system.

THE BEST (and worst) PART!!!

When I dropped off my car I made a deal that only the shop manager and the lead installer would be driving my vehicle. After dropping it off I had to go to the main office to create an invoice and then later in the day pay at the office and go to the shop to pick up my car.

The office and the shop were about a mile away from each other. After paying I was headed back to the shop with my wife when my car went zipping by at about 60mph around a 35mph curve. I demanded that she turn around and catch that bastard. This was a bit hard with a CRV chasing an STi.

When I got there and found which a-hole was driving my car and he admitted it but he said he was not speeding. BS I saw him. He said he was sorry that he drove my vehicle but he swasn't driving fast. I could only tell him and his manager what I saw.

UNTIL I GOT HOME AND TESTED THE ENTERCEPTOR!!!

The dufus that was driving my vehicle was obviously unaware that he was driving a vehicle that had just had a tracking device installed in it. I checked the many features on the website that this thing has and I found this...

BUSTED!

http://www.onefifties.com/images/busted.JPG

That is a short road that the speed limit is (I think) 25 mph.

At least it happened on "Turbo" road

I think I will email it to his boss
    Last edited by STiMULi; 06-20-2004 at 11:20 PM.
    STiMULi

An agent, action, or condition that elicits or accelerates a physiological or psychological activity or response.

Thats pretty cool, what ever came of the situation?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

He was ridiculed by all of his co-workers and threatened to be fired. That was good enough for me

Here is a locate at the Strip

Vehicle STIMULI
    Message Time Jun 18 2004 11:46PM MST

Message Fastest Speed of Day Response

Longitude -110.775167 Latitude 32.040000

Street Address 11300-12099 S Houghton Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747

Information
    102 Mph North. Fastest Speed Occurred at 19:54 MST
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strip.gif  
    STiMULi

Cool gadgets like this turn me on
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I think the Gadget Freak lobe of my cranial cortex told me to buy this.
    STiMULi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.