Boost gauge help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost gauge help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am going to get some autometer boost gauge or some other mechanical boost gauge. Anyone can tell me I ...

Question Boost gauge help!

I am going to get some autometer boost gauge or some other mechanical boost gauge. Anyone can tell me I can hook up as same as the factory boost gauge( connect wire from the back of the radio and run to hose to the Bov with "T" fitting????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can use the same wire from the radio. I modified the boost gauge hose after seeing this thread. It works like a charm.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ight=autometer

Originally posted by wake2snow5
    You can use the same wire from the radio. I modified the boost gauge hose after seeing this thread. It works like a charm.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ight=autometer

I can't get in that web site. Can you tell me what you modify on the hose? What is the difference?

depending on which guage you choose, you may not have to do any modification. he probably just adjusted the diameter of the hose using a connector.

the stock guage has a plug for the harness on the back fo the stereo, so you won't be able to do that. you'll need to splice a wire.

tapping power is easy. the yellow green wire to the clock is "on" power from the ignition. tap that, and black to ground.

searching will help you out immensely.

dR

Here is basically what I did:

Essentially, you will need a length of standard 1/8" vacuum line to plumb from your vacuum source to your boost gauge. You will need about 6 inches of 3/8" line, 2 very small hose clamps that fit around the 3/8" line, and NAPA's Hose Connector part no. 715-1815.

Here is a picture of the finished product. You should now have very quick response from your boost gauge, and a lot more faith in it to boot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauge2.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.