Aftermarket speakers that are 100% bolt in
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Aftermarket speakers that are 100% bolt in within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are there any? Im not talking about wiring, just mounting. I dont want to make spacers if possible- (although i ...

Aftermarket speakers that are 100% bolt in

Are there any? Im not talking about wiring, just mounting. I dont want to make spacers if possible- (although i can).

Also- should i get an amp? I dont want any subs, just CLEAN sound.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Aftermarket speakers that are 100% bolt in

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Also- should i get an amp? I dont want any subs, just CLEAN sound.
    Yes getting an amp would normally give better sound, but if you have no plan of getting a sub im not sure what I would do maybe loose the amp to get easy wireing and small weight.

Better amp = better sound (if the speekers are good tough..)
    But how about clean sound with a small sub?? You don't need to install a 2x12" subs in a ugly box..

I will personally install dual 8" or 10" subs with a nice and small amp and aftermarked speekers..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I would get an aftermarket HU first (if you don't have one already) if you want to clean up the sound. That would help the most.

Other than that, I don't think there's really many direct bolt-on speaker options. If you don't want to make them, the spacers from iaperformance are pretty nice.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    I have the spacers for iaperformance and it made my life a lot easier. It also provides you with a bigger and better choice of speakers, since the spacers allow fitment for 6.5 speakers. IMOP, I would get the spacers, they are worth it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."

I am for sure going to get a head unit first. Do any of you have a link to the spacers?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    Here is the link:

https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...log_subaru.asp

I got the WRX Thick Complete Kit (6.5 front/5.25 rear). It was easy to install and it comes with all the hardware needed.
    Last edited by ProblemChildWRX; 06-14-2004 at 10:11 AM.
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."

When you start adding things like 2 10" subs, think of all the weight that you're adding into your car. It's like holding an entire person in there once you're done with your whole set up.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    When you start adding things like 2 10" subs, think of all the weight that you're adding into your car. It's like holding an entire person in there once you're done with your whole set up.
    I dont want any subs AT ALL
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    quick note on the spacers....depending on the speakers/spacers you get, you may have to trim out some of the plastic on the inside of the speaker grille in the door panel.

It may not be a bad idea to do it anyway, as I hear that it tends to rattle (have not experienced it personally though).
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Thank god
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I think you can get aftermarket 4" speakers that will go into the rear doors without modification, but to my knowledge there are no 5.25" speakers that will go in the front doors without spacers.
    "I am Bullrock, and I have lots and lots of powers"

へおひってしりつぼめ "There is no use scruntching up your buttocks after a fart"

Sheesh, I don't understand you guys. My sub + box + amp = ~60 lbs, and thats heavy stuff too! How many 60 lb friends do you have? Maybe you are racing people all the time, so you are willing to suffer through crappy music to gain an extra 0.05 seconds in your 1/4 mile time!

Seriously.

You can't 1/2 a$$ this stuff. Good speakers are nice, but you will also want to add a couple pounds of dynamat or raamat to your doors to deaden the sound, Subaru uses paper-thin sheetmetal. An amp is nice, but you really wont get much bass without at least an 8" driver. If you don't like subs, get one that you can remove in a couple of minutes. I can remove my sub and amp in about 3 minutes with a phillups screwdriver. (weighs about 5 ounces).

If you want drop in speakers, 5 1/4 inch components that are shallow will fit the front, (at least with minimal grinding) and 4" 2-ways will fit in the back. Don't spend too much money on the speakers, because without sound deadening and amplification, it's kind of silly. Check out www.crutchfield.com and you can compare specs (like depth) on any speakers they have. That said, for about $800 you could build a simple system with a small sub that would be 100% better than a deck and stock-sized speakers. You could also look into the Infinity Basslink. Its light, compact, and surprisingly good for a little more than $200. I'm sure you could engineer a way to remove it for your 1/4 mile blasts.

edit: changed 1st paragraph to hide my exasperation.
    Last edited by keystah; 06-15-2004 at 01:02 AM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    Sheesh, I don't understand you guys. My sub + box + amp = ~60 lbs, and thats heavy stuff too! How many 60 lb friends do you have? Maybe you are racing people all the time, so you are willing to suffer through crappy music to gain an extra 0.05 seconds in your 1/4 mile time!

Seriously.

You can't 1/2 a$$ this stuff. Good speakers are nice, but you will also want to add a couple pounds of dynamat or raamat to your doors to deaden the sound, Subaru uses paper-thin sheetmetal. An amp is nice, but you really wont get much bass without at least an 8" driver. If you don't like subs, get one that you can remove in a couple of minutes. I can remove my sub and amp in about 3 minutes with a phillups screwdriver. (weighs about 5 ounces).

If you want drop in speakers, 5 1/4 inch components that are shallow will fit the front, (at least with minimal grinding) and 4" 2-ways will fit in the back. Don't spend too much money on the speakers, because without sound deadening and amplification, it's kind of silly. Check out www.crutchfield.com and you can compare specs (like depth) on any speakers they have. That said, for about $800 you could build a simple system with a small sub that would be 100% better than a deck and stock-sized speakers. You could also look into the Infinity Basslink. Its light, compact, and surprisingly good for a little more than $200. I'm sure you could engineer a way to remove it for your 1/4 mile blasts.

edit: changed 1st paragraph to hide my exasperation.

Good advice- thanks for they input. DO you guys think the stock "upgraded" sub will do me just fine? I really DO NOT need alot of bass (or even want it).
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

I liked the stock sub for what it was. Just enough to make your music sound normal. I think the stock sub + upgraded speakers might not be a bad way to go.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I can open my trunk, take off my bungee cords and take out my sub in about 30 seconds. Have you ever heard the difference between subb'd suby with the stock. it is like a completely different system. I recommend you get one. it will do much more for your car than new speakers will.

04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.