STi Speedometer on a WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi Speedometer on a WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey boys, Just wanted to know if there was a chance you can buy an STi speedometer and fit it ...

STi Speedometer on a WRX?

Hey boys,

Just wanted to know if there was a chance you can buy an STi speedometer and fit it in your WRX speedometer place. And if so, where can I find an STi speedometer.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you can buy the entire guage cluster i think, its a little costly tho, and most of the time its a jdm cluster so its in K/ph ....i think theres a site that might sell usdm ones, but i dont remember what it was

Originally posted by IDAFC21
    you can buy the entire guage cluster i think, its a little costly tho, and most of the time its a jdm cluster so its in K/ph ....i think theres a site that might sell usdm ones, but i dont remember what it was
    Yeah, I was actually thinking of the entire cluster. Is the JDM one the same as the U2JDM one except for the mph?

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    New, STi clusters are $500. You can order them from dealerships or find them online. Other than that, you can only get them from a wrecked STi. You can also buy just the tach and speedo part of the cluster, but I think it is pretty hard to install without f'ing something else up on the cluster.

A few things to consider: The miles go with the cluster. So if you got a new one, you'd have 0 miles. If you got a used one with 23k miles, you'd now have 23k miles. I hear you can actually get a mileage swap from some speedometer places. I think it costs about $100 and you get a mileage swap verification.

If you don't get this done, your car is deemed AMU, actual mileage unknown. This will severely decrease the trade-in value of your car at a dealership. If you sell it to another person without going through a dealership, then you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Originally posted by GetawayInBouldr
    New, STi clusters are $500. You can order them from dealerships or find them online. Other than that, you can only get them from a wrecked STi. You can also buy just the tach and speedo part of the cluster, but I think it is pretty hard to install without f'ing something else up on the cluster.

A few things to consider: The miles go with the cluster. So if you got a new one, you'd have 0 miles. If you got a used one with 23k miles, you'd now have 23k miles. I hear you can actually get a mileage swap from some speedometer places. I think it costs about $100 and you get a mileage swap verification.

If you don't get this done, your car is deemed AMU, actual mileage unknown. This will severely decrease the trade-in value of your car at a dealership. If you sell it to another person without going through a dealership, then you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
    Wow, seems as if its not worth it at all. How about just other clusters, will that also be really expensive?

Thanks alot!

nope, older clusters are cheaper. You can get a v7 STi cluster for about $300.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

nope, older clusters are cheaper. You can get a v7 STi cluster for about $300.
    Just wanted to know where I can find these clusters from?

Thanks for the help man!

Here's a couple I found:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...=gauge+cluster

Just do a search on Nasioc, i-club, or clubWRX for STi Gauge Cluster or STi Instrument Cluster and you'll find'em. Good luck man!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Here's a couple I found:

Just do a search on Nasioc, i-club, or clubWRX for STi Gauge Cluster or STi Instrument Cluster and you'll find'em. Good luck man!
    Sorry, what I meant was vendors. Do you know of any vendors that have them?

Thanks!

None that I know of. Dealers will most likely only carry new products. Older clusters should be out of stock. You can do a search, but I doubt you'll find anything new.

Search Button. Search Button. Search Button.

Then when you think you're done searching, click the SEARCH button one more time. Google is your friend...

(drunk typing is teh fun!!)
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.