got STi sttering wheel, no wire at all ??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on got STi sttering wheel, no wire at all ?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a used STi steering wheel and just found out that it is not plug and play as ...

got STi sttering wheel, no wire at all ??

I just bought a used STi steering wheel and just found out that it is not plug and play as I thought. The local Subaru dealer hesitate to do the job for me with the reason, they can't afford
    the mistake they may make. But mine doesn't come with any wire
    or connector just the wheel and airbag module. is it possible to install it ? but right in the center of an airbag module, there is a male connector on it.
    All i got is shown on the picture. do i need anything else to swap it ?
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd PM Deadpool if I were you and ask him how he did his...I know there is a thread about it lying around here somewhere...

I recieved mine in the same condition as you. the only wires I had were those of the Cruise control.

Heres what I did for the airbag etc.....

Take off your WRX wheel and disconnect the wires etc. Then position it by your new STI wheel, you will notice that the airbag explosive charge etc are the same size, and can be swapped. So basically just swap the airbag piece from the WRX wheel, onto that of the STI, and use your already existant wiring from the WRX module.

If you have any Q's feel free to pm me.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.