2 boost gages

This is a discussion on 2 boost gages within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can get a triple pod a pillar with 3 gauges off someone for a good price; he has oil, ...

2 boost gages

I can get a triple pod a pillar with 3 gauges off someone for a good price; he has oil, egt, and a boost gauge in psi. Problem is I already have the stock boost gauge in MPa. Normally if someone wanted to change the boost gauge to psi, they just run off the vacuum hose for the stock gauge, however i think it would be cool to have both, even if it is redundant. How can I set it up so that both run accurately?

thanks
    Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have 2 boost gauges right now .. the Greddy 60mm and the OEM.

Don't know how to wire it, but I know that it works
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

cool, glad im not a nerd for wanting both (thats assuming josh isnt a nerd also ).
    Does anyone have an idea how you would hook these upso that both gauges will read correctly? Ill be putting it in an autometer 3 gauge cluster.

thanks
    Brandon
    MY MODS

Probably nothing more than t'ing off a few lines.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I was thinking of T-ing off the stock boost gauge line that comes into the cabin but wouldnt that produce an incorrect reading?
    MY MODS

Awsome avatar brandon! The closer to the BOV vacume line the better.

So I can cut the vacuum tube coming off the T from the BOV vacuum line (I think thats the stock gauge) and put another T in there to run another line into the cabin for the other boost gauge? I wouldve thought there would be a pressure drop for the stock gauge and the newly installed boost gauge since itll be feeding off of it?
    MY MODS

Originally posted by BrandonWRX
    So I can cut the vacuum tube coming off the T from the BOV vacuum line (I think thats the stock gauge) and put another T in there to run another line into the cabin for the other boost gauge? I wouldve thought there would be a pressure drop for the stock gauge and the newly installed boost gauge since itll be feeding off of it?
    There shouldn't be a pressure drop (well -- it should equal the pressure drop of adding a single boost gauge -- did you notice it?). If they were both electronic and coming from a single sender you'd have problems.

Oh I didnt mean a pressure drop of the vacuum system as a whole, I ment just from the stock boost gauge. I mean if I T off the stock boost gauge vacuum line it might cause incorrect readings (low) on the gauges.
    If not I can just put another T in the stock boost gauge line right off the BOV right....

I was already goign to do it liek this I just wanted to get some feedback
    MY MODS

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    Originally posted by BrandonWRX
    That's where I connected my vacuum line for my turbo timer. There is a small brass fitting in the line, so make sure you connect the T on side of the brass fitting closest to the BOV. What I did was that I cut the line a couple inches away from the brass fitting and I moved her there and placed the T where the fitting was at. I have 2 boost gauges and the read fine to me.
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."