Engine Monitor Display unit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine Monitor Display unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 5 on ebay... and ya it was... I had most if not all the parts lying around...

$225 on ebay... and ya it was... I had most if not all the parts lying around

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i've got a whole mess of geek friends that do IS/IT/IM type jobs. they have closets full of parts lying around that could make a setup like that fast and cheap.

i'd have to cash in a lot of favors, and i'd still be looking at a pretty significant layout for the monitor.

do you know if you can use the monitor on a Pioneer AVIC-X1 (or similar unit).

of course, if you had one of those, the PC wouldn't add much.

trip.
    molon labe.

it is simply a monitor... it doesn't connect to the head unit at all... the 7" display uses an RCA connector that goes to the PC (if I recall it has 2 female RCA connectors w/ 2 resulting video modes) so if someone wanted too they could connect a PS2 or tv or something i dunno in addition to the pc. Its a sweet little monitor that can only be ordered online... (kinda shady company but the final product is worth it )

Yeah I have enough parts to make maybe 2 carputers but I wish I could find a monitor (preferebly just a plain ol LCD w/ a video in) for under 100.

Originally posted by f1ce
    it is simply a monitor... it doesn't connect to the head unit at all... the 7" display uses an RCA connector that goes to the PC (if I recall it has 2 female RCA connectors w/ 2 resulting video modes) so if someone wanted too they could connect a PS2 or tv or something i dunno in addition to the pc. Its a sweet little monitor that can only be ordered online... (kinda shady company but the final product is worth it )
    I would totally love to have that setup. Can you share some of your "installation" info with us. I would like that setup as I have a utec and it is sometime a hassle to lug the laptop around. Also with that DCtoDC power supply thingy, are you telling me that it simply uses the cars 12v and convert it to the 110 v needed to run a small pc?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.