Engine Monitor Display unit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine Monitor Display unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 5 on ebay... and ya it was... I had most if not all the parts lying around...

$225 on ebay... and ya it was... I had most if not all the parts lying around

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i've got a whole mess of geek friends that do IS/IT/IM type jobs. they have closets full of parts lying around that could make a setup like that fast and cheap.

i'd have to cash in a lot of favors, and i'd still be looking at a pretty significant layout for the monitor.

do you know if you can use the monitor on a Pioneer AVIC-X1 (or similar unit).

of course, if you had one of those, the PC wouldn't add much.

trip.
    molon labe.

it is simply a monitor... it doesn't connect to the head unit at all... the 7" display uses an RCA connector that goes to the PC (if I recall it has 2 female RCA connectors w/ 2 resulting video modes) so if someone wanted too they could connect a PS2 or tv or something i dunno in addition to the pc. Its a sweet little monitor that can only be ordered online... (kinda shady company but the final product is worth it )

Yeah I have enough parts to make maybe 2 carputers but I wish I could find a monitor (preferebly just a plain ol LCD w/ a video in) for under 100.

Originally posted by f1ce
    it is simply a monitor... it doesn't connect to the head unit at all... the 7" display uses an RCA connector that goes to the PC (if I recall it has 2 female RCA connectors w/ 2 resulting video modes) so if someone wanted too they could connect a PS2 or tv or something i dunno in addition to the pc. Its a sweet little monitor that can only be ordered online... (kinda shady company but the final product is worth it )
    I would totally love to have that setup. Can you share some of your "installation" info with us. I would like that setup as I have a utec and it is sometime a hassle to lug the laptop around. Also with that DCtoDC power supply thingy, are you telling me that it simply uses the cars 12v and convert it to the 110 v needed to run a small pc?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12