Problem with aftermarket alarm and turbo timer

This is a discussion on Problem with aftermarket alarm and turbo timer within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just had a Clifford Matrix 2.5 installed in my car today. The system works fine with the exception that ...

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar

Question Problem with aftermarket alarm and turbo timer

I just had a Clifford Matrix 2.5 installed in my car today. The system works fine with the exception that the alarm will disarm itself once the turbo timer kills the engine. I already had a Blitz DTT DC2 before the new alarm system. So my problem is that once I get off the car and the TT is running, I arm the alarm and as soon as the TT goes off the alarm disarms itself. Anyone know anything about this?
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, that's common. What is happening is you are arming the car while it is on, therefore the alarm thinks you are still in it and simply trying to arm while driving (this feature is used often by people in high-crime/carjacking areas). When the TT ends it's cycle and shuts down, the alarm thinks you turned the car off and is "letting you out", so to speak. There is a way around this, there is even a fix for it provided by Directed Elecronics (manufacturer of Clifford). Just go back to your installer (I assume it was an authorized dealer) and have them call up the Directed Electronics tech support line and get the wiring schematic faxed over (I used to know it but I haven't done an alarm where someone has had a TT in forever... I forgot the fix!). Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to correct, though. Hope that helps!

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    I had it installed at Best Buy and the guy said that if I find out how to fix it, then I should bring it over by them and they'll do the arrangements....for free(it's part of their lifetime warranty). Anyways, thanks for your help!
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."

wouldn't the alarm know to arm itself about 30 seconds after the timer turns off the car? I'm asking because i was planning on getting a similar alarm and the blitz DCII installed this weekend.

By the way Problem, How easy is it to read boost off the DCII? Would I still need a boost gauge with this? Or is the DCII an accurate and reliable source to read boost (this way I don't need to buy a seperate boost gauge).

I know I know... back from the dead.
    Last edited by Phat04WRX; 08-27-2004 at 02:11 PM.

oops double posted