Which speakers to get?

This is a discussion on Which speakers to get? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. Here is my system... Alpine 9815 deck JBL BP600.1 mono amp Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC sub (w/ perfect Q) ...

Which speakers to get?

Hi. Here is my system...

Alpine 9815 deck
    JBL BP600.1 mono amp
    Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC sub (w/ perfect Q)
    Monster XLR interconnect
    "upgraded" speakers

What I really want is more power and clarity. For now I will do speakers, than perhaps later a 40x4 amp. I will be running 6.5" component speakers in front and 5.25" speakers in the back. I have the www.iaperformance.com brackets already. I should really limit the amount of money I spend to probably under $250. What would you recomend I get? Links to prices/sites would be nice.

1) Infinity Kappa or Reference (I like reference for the money)
    2) Cheap focals
    3) Cheap Bostons
    4) Cheap Diamond audio???

Help me out please!
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Diamond Audio, JL, CDT, or OZ audio seem to be in your price range, depending how you get them. Try listening to some different sets and determine what you like best.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Re: Which speakers to get?

Originally posted by keystah
    Hi. Here is my system...

Alpine 9815 deck
    JBL BP600.1 mono amp
    Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC sub (w/ perfect Q)
    Monster XLR interconnect
    "upgraded" speakers

What I really want is more power and clarity. For now I will do speakers, than perhaps later a 40x4 amp. I will be running 6.5" component speakers in front and 5.25" speakers in the back. I have the www.iaperformance.com brackets already. I should really limit the amount of money I spend to probably under $250. What would you recomend I get? Links to prices/sites would be nice.

1) Infinity Kappa or Reference (I like reference for the money)
    2) Cheap focals
    3) Cheap Bostons
    4) Cheap Diamond audio???

Help me out please!
    You can buy brand new Boston Proseries 6.5 for about $280 from eBay. I just ordered mine today. The seller is a stereo store with a high feedback rating.
    Thanks,
    Ali

I just got my Iaperformance brackets and deck in 2 days ago and installed everything yesterday.. I had some leftover mb quartz 6.5 components so I installed those. They sound ok but when I jumped into my brother in laws truck with the polk components.. wow. Must be speaker placement too but those sure put my mb's to shame. But I love the sounds of diamonds. They will be on my wish list maybe in the next couple of months.

edit: borrowed this site from Cameron on this forum. Thanks Cameron

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_inf...roducts_id=451
    Last edited by wrxinfx; 06-26-2004 at 10:07 PM.

M B Q U A R T

Money well spent.

-Jim

Originally posted by PPMotorsports
    M B Q U A R T

Money well spent.

-Jim
    Make sure you shop around. The premium series retails for $550, but you can buy it for less than $300. I had narrowed my choice down to MB Quart and Boston Acoustics. They are both fantastic speakers, but I felt the Bostons were more neutral sounding.
    Thanks,
    Ali

Kappas are nice but I myself am leaning towards JL XR Components for around $250. I was originally going to get a 4 channel amp like you but I couldn't find any 5 1/4 speakers that could handle the power I was looking for so I am opting for a nice 2 channel amp and some high power handling front components. But if you are only going to have 45X4 you shouldn't have a problem then.

I just bought an Alpine MRV-240 (or something like that) amp. It is 80Wx2 RMS so plenty of power. Got a good deal on ebay, and should power any pair of components I get with ease.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Be sure to go online to actual online stores and print out their prices on speakers and go to Hifi Buys and try to talk them down. I got my head unit for internet price and still have the warranty. My friend has done this all with JL equipment also. The salesman will have to check the website and make sure it meets their pricematching criteria and then you'll have some cheap equipment.
    In terms of speakers. MB Quarts and Boston Pros are all around good speakers. I've heard good things about the RF Fanatic Q components and Infinity Kappas but have never heard them in person.