HVAC and Radio bulb change?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HVAC and Radio bulb change? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For those of you that have changed the color of the HVAC and radio, which one looks better, LED or ...

Question HVAC and Radio bulb change?

For those of you that have changed the color of the HVAC and radio, which one looks better, LED or bulb condoms. I am going to change these to red to match my new V8 STI gauge cluster. Just looking for some opinions on which ones would closely match the gauges.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here you go....

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=64076

The LED might be brughter but youll have to do some soldering to the circuit board int he radio. I just did it this way because it still looks good and is much easier....
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

No question, the LEDs look better and are much more work.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I put the 194 LED's in my HVAC controls and they were far too dim. I resorted to painting the stock bulbs red with a sharpee. The lighting came out a red-orange color even after 3 coats of sharpee. It looks great, but its not "RED" like the STi cluster. Bulb condoms would probably produce a more red color.

My .02
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Unload- I cant believe Im saying this as I am an LED fan, but I swapped the bulb covers on my stereo and am super surprised at how good it looks. Also, it only took ~half hour. I have more covers on the way and am working on a write up of a mod to switch the OEM WRX gauges to red... I'll post it when its done.http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/newrep...hreadid=66644#

I am jealous of the V8 cluster though, congrats.
    --
    beaumont

"if it feels good, push"

i used red transparent paint and it turned out brighter than the condoms....

so paint them or use the LED

the LED's are prob real bright
    FP Green STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.