WTF! water in my trunk!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WTF! water in my trunk! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well today i was taking out my spare tire/jack etc. for auto-x this weekend and when i took out the ...

Question WTF! water in my trunk!

Well today i was taking out my spare tire/jack etc. for auto-x this weekend and when i took out the tire there was like 2 liters of water in there! WTF why!?? and were is it coming from!?

i checked all the weather stripping and it looks good, so has this happened to anyone else before???
    2004 Rally Blue WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol damn...idk how water could get in there
    FP Green STi

Check the bolts that hold on the spoiler. Mine used to leak until I put some silicone around them.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Originally posted by pityr
    Check the bolts that hold on the spoiler. Mine used to leak until I put some silicone around them.
    k i will check that tomarrow!
    thanks

anyone else???

i get water in my trunk too and have no idea how it gets there.
    if you find out what it is let me know.

also i dont have a spoiler.
    2002 bugeyes
    It just looks stock . . .

well its not from the spoiler...i went out side and took my pressure washer and sprayed all holes/corners/wheather stripping for like 5min, and opened the trunk and guess what..no water in the trunk?? WTF how is it getting in!?

i was thinking maybe it could be coming in from where i took the spare tire out at. you know the bolt you have to unscrew to get the tire out.?? that is the only thing that i can think of cause it only gets in there when it rains and not when i wash my car.
    2002 bugeyes

If you had a STI I would say check the IC Spray water container on the right-hand side of the trunk. Do the 04's have IC spray?
    Switch Internet Service...
    www.internetable.net

Get your free email account...
    www.emails.net

Just a thought? Do you ski/board? It could be melted snow? Or do you keep your car cleaning supplies in the trunk? Could be Windex? just some ideas off the top of my head... Is the floor board in the truck that covers the spare, warped/show water damage? Does the carpet on the under side show water damage? More details...

until i completely stripped my trunk the cardboard or partical board was warped in the front right hand corner of the trunk and the carpet was wet and the was a puddle in the spare tire well.

i work in a body shop and we have tried and tried to find the leak but we cant and it only happens when it rains so i think it is where the spare tire bolt is out. i think i am going to put it back in soon and see if that works. but where the water is wouldnt expain that it would be that bolt.

????????????????
    2002 bugeyes

I had this problem as well. An easy solution is to Dynamat everything. It will help with road noise and make the trunk look and sound better as well as prevent leaks.

dynamat = too much weight for me. a big no no in my book
    2002 bugeyes

Is your '04 a Prem. Pkg? If so there is a tube that runs from the sunroof to the trunk area to drain water. The tube runs to the tire jack compartment in the trunk and there is a black sleeve that the tube plugs into. If you don't have a sunroof then I'm not sure what the cause would be. Good luck.

i used to have a camry and when it rained water would get in the trunk. Weather strippign and everything looked fine. I went to my camry forums and the answer was that the water was coming in from the a seal from the tail lights. Perhaps that is also a possibility.
    Basically a Cobb Stage 2+lots of extras

I've got a great Idea! Next time it rains or you go to the car wash, get in the trunk with a flash light! Take some comics just in case you get board...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.