Guages up the wazoo!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Guages up the wazoo!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a friend who is a "watchsmith" (i'm brainfarting the real name) But, he was telling me differences about ...

Guages up the wazoo!!

I have a friend who is a "watchsmith" (i'm brainfarting the real name) But, he was telling me differences about watches using triple action or single action as to how the gears are tied together to move the hands...so I'm driving home with a nice floater of a buzz thinking stupid thoughts, and I came up wtih the best filler for the triple guage pod that replaces the digital clock....So lets say you got the guage pod coming down the left side of the windshield, and some guages on the steering column..(not that I do...but...)now that you got all those guages, you might as well go all the way and replace the center pod where the digital clock is with that 3 pod doohicky..But wait...now that you know everything that's happening with the engine..what about what's happening in the real world?? Hook it up with some custom Analog "guages" that represent seconds, minutes and hours..maybe even get s a stop watch button wired in for an entertainment timer...BETTER YET! (just wasted thinking again right now!)..wire it up so that when in stop watch mode it would start timing as soon as the clutch was engaged! LOL Holey crap I was laughing so hard thinking about this I called up my buddy and thought that would be the best cheesericer mod ever!! LMAO!!! He said he'd keep a thought open to make a clock that would work like that for a wall/desk clock to look like a guage pod or something! LOL...
    Last edited by SchmilK; 06-03-2004 at 09:30 PM.
    ('._-=SchmilK=-_.')
    i'M a FReaKy STReaKeR LiKe WiNNie THe Poo
    T-SHiRT, No PaNTS, aND i DaNCe THe BooGaLoo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Guages up the wazoo!!

i will respond to your wildy random post by saying i can relate to the random train of thought, even if i probably dont think that one in particular is as funny as you do.
    edit: all is well
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 06-03-2004 at 09:32 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

[Office space]It's a.. jump to conclusions mat![/Office space]
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

YYEEEAAHHH.....about that term....not supposd to be demeaning in any way...how bout i change that to cheesericer... Sorry bout that...just repeating conversation...

It takes a very deep train of thought to come up wtih something as golden as that! And the jump to conclusions mat...I'd probably buy one, just because! LOL

Oh man...think about it though...You get in someone's []D [] []v[] []D car and look around and there's 5 extra gauges surrounding the drivers seat monitoring everything, then you look in the center console being even more overwhelmed with more guages and you see these 3 guages that don't make sense...then you realize it's just a clock! hee hee hee...It's more of a joke on the passengers than anything else.

heh heh...time for some more thought provoking fun...
    Last edited by SchmilK; 06-03-2004 at 09:40 PM.
    ('._-=SchmilK=-_.')
    i'M a FReaKy STReaKeR LiKe WiNNie THe Poo
    T-SHiRT, No PaNTS, aND i DaNCe THe BooGaLoo

Little john/ WWWWWWWWHAT /little John
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Why do I feel stupid and tired after reading all this?

The scary thing is that I understand what he's going for. Three gauges: one for hours, one for minutes, one for seconds. Probably 360-sweep so they just go round and round and round. I think it sounds cool.

I want to replace my digital clock with a binary clock. Just a series of LEDs so at 4:20 (heh heh) it would look like this (O is a dark LED, @ is a lit one):

O@OO OO@O OOOO

4:21:

O@OO OO@O OOO@

And so on.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Originally posted by dielectric
    The scary thing is that I understand what he's going for. Three gauges: one for hours, one for minutes, one for seconds. Probably 360-sweep so they just go round and round and round. I think it sounds cool.

I want to replace my digital clock with a binary clock. Just a series of LEDs so at 4:20 (heh heh) it would look like this (O is a dark LED, @ is a lit one):

O@OO OO@O OOOO

4:21:

O@OO OO@O OOO@

And so on.
    Wow I think you are a bigger geek than I am. How about the 2's complement of that?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

@0@@ @@0@ @@@@

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.