Boost Gauge Install

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just recently purchased a Faze boost gauge for cheap () at Autozone ( I think that's the start of ...

Angry Boost Gauge Install

I just recently purchased a Faze boost gauge for cheap ($60) at Autozone ( I think that's the start of all problems right there). I take the BOV line with a 1/4x1/4x1/8 T-fitting, no kinks in the vacuum line, ran it up the A-pillar and into the back of the gauge with the supplies brass fitting and ferrel. I hope I didn't buy a crap gauge, but whenever the car is running it says I have 20 psi vacuum and at WOT I have 4-5 psi of boost. This is crap...I have no clue what's the matter. It does sound like there is a small leak at the back of the gauge, but no matter how many time I try to retighten the supplied fitting it doesn't go away; is this small vacuum sound normal? What should I do? Also the only T-fitting I could find goes 1/4-1/8 and the stem is 1/4...will this impede air and mess something up? Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    when the car is running...it should be in vacuum.

The boost problem...it could be a defective gauge....or a leak at the gauge...is the fitting in the back of the gauge tight?

Damn..$60 for a mechanical boost gauge...sounds kinda expensive.