DEFI CONTROL UNIT install question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DEFI CONTROL UNIT install question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whats up guys! I want to install by DEFI Control unit II and because my friend is being a **** ...

DEFI CONTROL UNIT install question

Whats up guys!
    I want to install by DEFI Control unit II and because my friend is being a **** and being lazy like a little biatch, I am goign to attempt to do it myself. I think it is easy since I did it on my civic, but my concern is...

I do not know what wires to use on my Subaru. I got a 04 Subaru WRX. The gauge is going to be near the clock.
    and the control unit is near the shifter ont he side.

I do not want to connect it to the clock wires because I do not want the gauge to dim when I put the lights on.
    Where are the wires where I can install this control unit wthout it dimming automatically if I turn on the accessory lights .

Locating the wires would be simple, but I have no tools whatsoever......

CLUBWRX members assit pls.
    Thank you!
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine is run off the clock harness- and my gauges dont dim when i turn my lights on.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    mine is run off the clock harness- and my gauges dont dim when i turn my lights on.
    oh, cool!

Any place I can find pics?

And how do you take off the clock, does the top just snap off?
    Also, you just spliced into the wires?
    and one more thing
    which wires are the harness are the ones I need?
    I dont have an Ohm meter so I can check which has power and which doesnt..., etc, etc.

Thanks for your help!
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.