Door rattle from speakers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Door rattle from speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This may be posted about already, but i didn't feel like looking for it. I noticed a rattle in my ...

Door rattle from speakers?

This may be posted about already, but i didn't feel like looking for it.

I noticed a rattle in my pass. side door when there are deep bass tones. I checked it a couple of times and the speakers are fine...not blown and don't distort at high levels. The sound seems to be coming more from inside the door somewhere. Has anyone else heard this and know what can be causing the rattle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dynamat - get it on all the doors, and the interior will sound like a BMW. Your local stereo shop can give you a price on installation
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

Dang...is that all I need? feel like an idiot for not thinking about that first.

Thanks dcraw6782

Originally posted by dcraw6782
    Dynamat - get it on all the doors, and the interior will sound like a BMW. Your local stereo shop can give you a price on installation
    Dynamat? I assume it's some sort of insulation...but can you fill me in?

Thanks
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

go to...

www.dynamat.com

it's like an insulation, but the site tells more about it. It's good! I had it in my old car and I never had rattles.

That stuff looks sweet!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

at first mine rattled a little. Then it stopped. So I'm not bothering with Dynamat. Although if I run into some extra cash after I upgrade the speakers, I'll consider it.

Originally posted by apodWRX
    go to...

www.dynamat.com

it's like an insulation, but the site tells more about it. It's good! I had it in my old car and I never had rattles.
    Which setup did you get? The doors or just the speakers themselves?
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

What they do is line your walls where you have speakers. I had it in my Prelude. They pretty much lined the whole door.

So i guess they would do the same in my rex...line the doors. I went to get some pricing today actually and it's going to run about $60 for all four. I will let you all know more later.

Raamat

You can also try Raammat60 and install it yourself. The cost $99 for 60 square feet.

60 square feet allowed me to install two layers on the roof, one layer on the doors, one layer on the rear deck and rear wheel wells.

60 square feet weighs 28 pounds for those who are weight conscious.

I am very happy with it so far.

go to www.raamaudio.com
    Last edited by tibikefor2; 08-08-2002 at 07:18 PM.
    tibikefor2

The only drawback to the Dynamat that I've heard is that it is pretty heavy when you install a bunch of it. They have a trunk kit that is like 12 square feet and I was informed from my local audio shop that the kit weighs nearly 50 pounds!
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

i have the same sounding rattle from the pas side, it turned out to be the cover on the sub, when i press on it the rettle goes away.

quick fix for door rattle

I had the same problem -- the passenger door rattles when the speaker hits certain bass frequencies.

For a quick fix I stuffed a stress ball into the left side of the door pocket and that fixed it.
    I'll probably leave it like that until I get around to doing a speaker upgrade, then maybe I'll get some dynamat.

Just thought I'd share what worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.