factory gauge install Q's
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on factory gauge install Q's within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; got a factory lamco gauge off ebay. but need some info on install. I got 2002 wagon. it does not ...

factory gauge install Q's

got a factory lamco gauge off ebay. but need some info on install. I got 2002 wagon. it does not have the boost gauge on it now. how go I go about installing it for the electronics and vacuum hose connections? It has two wires would I be correct it is for the light in it, basicly power and ground? also is the car pre wired for this gauge from the factory? I figure vacuum hose but I need a T fitting as well I dont know the size or where to insert this T connector.
    thanx as always

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no responce? is this a uncomon thing to ask or what. I did a search under factory gauge and came up mostly dry as to any install suggestions. maybe you can point me in the right direction if you would be so kind. I have no service book as of yet was looking in to it. So I am only going on what I know and what you nice people have told me as of yet.

maybe you can suggest a place to get a repair manual besides the stealer?
    thanx as always

You can download the manual a page at a time for $20 from techinfo.subaru.com

To install the gauge you cut the rubber hose just to the left of your blowoff valve and put the T in there, I think it's 1/4" ID but Im not positive. For power, there's an unused wiring harness (I think its orange and purple wires) use them, that way you'll be able to dim the light. It doesn't matter which wire you connect to which.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

$20 a page ouch! what about an entire manual. I see them on ebay for a cd all the time. or is there a actual book?

Thanx for the gauge install info I guess that will happen this weekend or something. any suggestions on where to route the vacuum hose through the fire wall?
    thanx

No, no, its not $20 a page. It's $20 for 3 days of unlimited access, you just have to download one page at a time because that's how its posted. Think of it as $20 for an entire manual, plus any TSB's and whatnot that you can get.

Way back when I had a mechanical gauge I ran the hose through under the brake pedal. Just be careful not to make any tight turns where you might kink the hose.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

oh ok whats your take on the ones found on ebay. you think they just down loaded the entire manual from there?

tan
    Last edited by tan; 06-03-2004 at 07:06 AM.

hey that works!
    Thanx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.