Took out my clock, now weird things happening
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Took out my clock, now weird things happening within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend is returning his car to stock, so I picked up his gauges, and in return, he took my ...

Took out my clock, now weird things happening

My friend is returning his car to stock, so I picked up his gauges, and in return, he took my stock clock and pod (yes, I threw him some money too). When he took the clock, he just snipped the wire after he took out the clock and enclosure.

That blew a fuse like he said it would, but there are some weird things happening.

I didn't put my gauges in yet, but every time I start my car up, my Trip Odometer resets to 0. I took out the blown 15amp fuse and put a new one in, but my Trip Odometer still resets every time I turn the car on, and the Radio/CD player doesn't work.

Do I have to wire that clock wire up to the gauges to prevent this? I figure once I get that done, it will solve my problems...but really...wtf is going on here? Why is my Trip Odo resetting? Also, i think it should've been fixed when I replaced the fuse, but I dont know a whole lot about electronics, so am I blowing a fuse each time because that wire to the clock is still snipped?

Thanks for the help.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hold on he cut your wires? Why? He could just take out the connector And everything would be ok. Slap your friend and tape up the ends of the wire. yes, you are probably blowing a fuse each time they positive and negative touch. And slap your friend again for messing up your car because he doesnt know what is going on.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Slap him a third just because too.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Hold on he cut your wires? Why? He could just take out the connector And everything would be ok. Slap your friend and tape up the ends of the wire. yes, you are probably blowing a fuse each time they positive and negative touch. And slap your friend again for messing up your car because he doesnt know what is going on.
    He'd probably done it to tap in to that wire for power.

Well, the guy who did it was the one who fixed Schmidt's car during the meet, so I figured he knew what he was doing. (NJSubieTech)

I'll link him to this when he gets online.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Another great reason I dont let my friends touch my car. are your wires laying exposed?

Originally posted by qoncept
    He'd probably done it to tap in to that wire for power.
    yeah but you dont need to cut the wires- you can still tap in. NJsubie tech did that? Theres no way- hes a subaru tech.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    yeah but you dont need to cut the wires- you can still tap in. NJsubie tech did that? Theres no way- hes a subaru tech.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

When i was tapping in my gauges to the clock wires i blew the fuse that is under the hood. Radio wasn't working etc. Replaced the fuse and now it works fine again. Might want to check out that fuse as well...
    autobahn storming scooby

I removed the connector when I installed my defi guages. No problems at all..

But you have to be carefull when you are working with electricity.. I don't even want to know how you managed to blow a fuse.. Did'nt you remove the negative terminal when you played with the electricity?

And you have to isolate the wires after you have cut them...
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Allow me to explain:

I cut the wires because had cut out my harness when I went to install my gauges, so i needed his clock and his harness to put back into my car.

I had just driven an hour and a half at 11 pm to come get it because i was taking the car to the dealership to have them value it for a trade in the next day. I was tired, and I just forgot to disconnect the battery - I didnt think that there would be enough current carried across the cutters to blow the fuse - i was wrong.

The rest of you need to calm then **** down. I worked for a subaru dealership for two years, so keep youre uninformed opinions to yourself.
    Last edited by NJSubieTech; 05-24-2004 at 12:03 PM.
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJSubieTech
    Allow me to explain:

I cut the wires because had cut out my harness when I went to install my gauges, so i needed his clock and his harness to put back into my car.

I had just driven an hour and a half at 11 pm to come get it because i was taking the car to the dealership to have them value it for a trade in the next day. I was tired, and I just forgot to disconnect the battery - I didnt think that there would be enough current carried across the cutters to blow the fuse - i was wrong.

The rest of you need to calm then **** down. I worked for a subaru dealership for two years, so keep youre uninformed opinions to yourself.
    This is why I don't let joe touch my car.... sloppy... just plain sloppy....

JK lol
    We all have our lapses people.... Joe know's what he's doing when he's not half asleep
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    On top of all the other troubles I bet you are now late for all your appointments too

see if Josh had said that you needed HIS CONNECTOR FOR YOUR CAR- everything would be normal. But why did you cut yours in the first place?

Btw- my opinions are VERY "formed"
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.