Purpose of cutting Dark Green Wire for TT???

This is a discussion on Purpose of cutting Dark Green Wire for TT??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What is the purpose of cutting the dark green wire from the alarm module when installing the turbo timer? What ...

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar

Question Purpose of cutting Dark Green Wire for TT???

What is the purpose of cutting the dark green wire from the alarm module when installing the turbo timer? What does that green wire do? What about the gray wire that's in the center console? I never found it on my '04WRX. My tt works fine, but just wondered what do the wires do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I remember its to allow you to arm the alarm or lock the doors while the cars still on.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

^ You are correct sir. You either can bypass it - lengthy ordeal, or simply cut it like you said - most people do this.

Where is this module located? Which one would you cut it you don't have the alram? I can't lock my doors either with my remote when the car is still running.
    HKW

I don't think it's alarm specific, I believe it's still the same wire. I don't have the factory alarm on my car either, just the keyless entry. The module is located under the dashboard on the driver's side up behind the fuse box, IIRC. You may want to do another search on it, I'm pretty sure somebody posted pictures. I installed my TT last year so can't remember exactly.

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    Try this link. I used it to install my Blitz turbo timer.

http://www.jameslking.com/awd/tt_boost.html