pic of blue rocker switch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on pic of blue rocker switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; today i installed a rocker switch to activate a solenoid that switches between the stock bc and mbc. took a ...

pic of blue rocker switch

today i installed a rocker switch to activate a solenoid that switches between the stock bc and mbc. took a while to decide, ended up putting it in the blank switch panel right by the mirror controls between the shifter and e-brake. check out the pic below. i thought it came out pretty good...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue switch2.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you install that yourself? Its a clean install...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

yeah, dremeled out the majority of it, then finished with razor blade. i oversized it a little too much, doesn't show everything in the pic. not perfect, but pretty decent for a first attempt.

I had a switch identical to that one and the components inside kind of shifted after I switched it a couple of times. The led inside gets disconnected somewhat often. :-/ So if you find it quits glowing, check the led.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have that same switch, but mine's placed in the spot near the cruise control button.

and mine looks really crappy too - i didnt have a dremel at the time so i used a coping saw to make the hole for the switch - so the thing is really scratched and the switch is off centre lol

mine is used for turning the abs on and off
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Nexus6
    Did you install that yourself? Its a clean install...
    Excellant installation
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Not only is it a clean installation, but the whole idea behind it is great. Have you described how the solenoid and MBC is set up anywhere, or are you holding off to sell the plans?
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

great! glad to see others are interested in it too. i can say it has been working great for me and takes any worry out when on longer commutes and when the misses is driving. here's a link to the original thread . if you have any more questions feel free to PM or email me. i'd be glad to help you out. lateron.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Not only is it a clean installation, but the whole idea behind it is great. Have you described how the solenoid and MBC is set up anywhere, or are you holding off to sell the plans?
    plans r fo free

dawes devices markets a fairly cheap package, and you can make your own for cheaper - its a realy cool idea but i just don't have the $$$ to throw down on a solenoid rite now
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

looks like it came with the car..awesome job. How long did it take start to finish?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

realistically it took ME about 2 hours, with tapping into the cig lighter wires and all of that. also had to route a wire up through the firewall to the solenoid. trimming the plastic piece that the switch rests in takes time. you just keep trimming a little at a time.

I have the same setup except mine is next to the foglight switch like Penguinking's. Another really easy way to do a clean install is to get a switch with a round back and drill a hole slightly smaller than the switch back. Then just force it into the hole. My biggest complaint is that I have a reddish-orange switch and, when its on, my whole car glows like I have a neon interior at night. As soon as I fine a "softer" colored switch, I am going to switch it.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

i agree, the switches with the round base are much easier. i was going to put up where you guys did, just thought i'd try something a little different. both places are great i think.

Painless Performance

A suggestion. Check out http://www.painlessperformance.com/ . They've got a few things that I'm going to buy when I get my crap together a bit more.

First, they've got aftermarket fuse panels. So, you can add as many additional links as you want.

secondly, they've got some hella cool switches that are advertised to fit into most OEM switch-blanks. I've never used them, but I am going to try them out the next time I need to hook something electrical up :-)

I Support ClubWRX
    I used the same location, little bit bigger switch, but mine is RED. It controls my on/off switch for my amp in the trunk. I just need a fricking digital camera and I can take photos at MY leisure.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.