What is it for anyway?

This is a discussion on What is it for anyway? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am talking about the plastic lining in the door when you remove the door pannels. I am thinking about ...

What is it for anyway?

I am talking about the plastic lining in the door when you remove the door pannels. I am thinking about ripping it off and putting dynamat on the door. Is this going to let water in or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: What is it for anyway?

Originally posted by Stealththx
    I am talking about the plastic lining in the door when you remove the door pannels. I am thinking about ripping it off and putting dynamat on the door. Is this going to let water in or something?
    Yeah it keeps water out.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

water and water vapor. poly sheeting like that works as a great vapor barrier.

cnstman
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

if you use the dynamat extreme with metal foil, that will work as a vapor barrier also. not sure how just plain dynamat will work. i would assume it would work ok also, it seems to be a tar based product.
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver