Hiding Wiring?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hiding Wiring? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Where did you hide the wires from the deck to amp/subs? Also, the power/remote wires? Along the door? Or underneath ...

Hiding Wiring?

Where did you hide the wires from the deck to amp/subs? Also, the power/remote wires? Along the door? Or underneath the console? How hard is it to hide the wires (mainly getting the carpet up) ?

Thanks,
    D
    You can't win if you're losing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It really isn't that hard to hide the wires. You can run them on the step plates along either side of the car. The first thing I did was lift up the seat part of the back seat and unscrew those black plastic piece step plates. From there you have to take apart all the plastic pieces along the side and it is pretty straightforward from there. Remember to run your RCA cables and your power wire on different sides to avoid static.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know about the static from the power and rca's.

Also, how hard is it to get the power wire from the battery threw the firewall or is there some other way to get it threw?

Thanks Again
    You can't win if you're losing.

It depends on what size power wire you are using. I am using 4 ga. and I fit it through the hole that is already in the firewall on the passanger side of the car under the hood. If you go bigger like 2 or 0 ga. then it would be easier to drill another hole in the firewall and just by a rubber gromet so you don't get any leaks. Also, with the power wire and RCAs it is easiest to just run the power wire down the passanger side and the RCA on the driver's side.

Isn't the battery on the driver's side? So power wire on driver's side and RCA's on passenger side?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

True about the battery, but the hole in the firewall is on the passanger side and that's where it will enter the cockpit.

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    I have a '04 WRX and there is a hole in the firewall on the drivers side. It even has a rubber cap. That's where I ran my vacuum line for the TT and I'll run the power for my amp as soon as I get my amp in. Just look behind the brake pedal. Pull the carpet towards you and you'll find a rubber cap. If you push it it will come off. It'll fall towards the engine. When you push it, it should fall on the pavement, unless it falls on the engine bay.

Do you know if there is a hole on the driver's side on the 02?

Originally posted by Stealththx
    Do you know if there is a hole on the driver's side on the 02?
    I thought there was one near the clutch pedal.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

in my 03 there's a hole behind the cluth pedal on the drivers side, so u can look for that. its probably not different betweeen 02 and 03 models

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    if you got the factory boost gauge, the hole the dealer ran the gauge wiring through is fine for some Power wire. i ran my wire, the boost gauge, EGT, oil temp, and oil pressure through that one hole. of course, now it's filled tighter than a filthy hore on prom night. glad to hear there's one on the pass side. i can use that for my Tuna wiring.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.