Bass link tEh wiN - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

This is a discussion on Bass link tEh wiN within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; n00b part duex... is the amp integrated or a separate piece? 2 bills may be do-able while I await the ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Teep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    1,682
    n00b part duex...
    is the amp integrated or a separate piece?

    2 bills may be do-able while I await the arrival of my accessport.

    -tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,591
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Teep
    n00b part duex...
    is the amp integrated or a separate piece?

    2 bills may be do-able while I await the arrival of my accessport.

    -tp
    It is all one piece, and the quality is awesome. They send a multitude of brackets for different mounting options, and many different ways of hooking it up also.

  4. #18
    Registered User taprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    521
    Originally posted by trainrex
    The hook up was easy for me, but might be a pain for a novice. I tapped into the power from the back of the radio and jumped the constant 12v and remote on the sub with an inline fuse. I tapped into the rear speaker wires (from both sides) and used a line ouput converter to the sub. I'm very happy with the install, and the performance of it.
    Well I didn't think of myself as a novice until reading your reply. I've installed many aftermarket cd players and speakers but I've never had to deal with workarounds like that. Do you know of any guides that could help install this thing otherwise I'll have to resort to an aftermark deck and using preamps. Thanks for the help...
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

  5. #19
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,591
    I Support ClubWRX
    Believe it or not the instructions they give are excellent and straight forward. you shouldn't have a problem. I just hooked the power up a little different because I hate running power wires to the fusebox or the battery, and I used the rca line out converter because it sounds better than high level speaker line inputs. If you need any help with the install feel free to pm me

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    50
    i have had the basslink for some time. i first had it with my stock radio using a line-out converter to turn speaker level output to RCA level. it was good sounding but at higher volumes the bass would decrease and the gain on the link had to be set WAY up.

    i recent switched to an aftermarket deck. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! i had to turn the gain WAY back down on the sub and the sound quality is much improved.

    if you go with the stock deck, make sure to use a GOOD line out converter (or see if using the line level inputs on the basslink is a good option).
    MOTORSPORT-the only sport!
    Everything else is just a game...

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    10
    howdy,

    kind of a noob question here, but did you keep your factory speakers when you installed the basslink or did you upgrade the entire system?

    thanks

  8. #22
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,591
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dnice
    howdy,

    kind of a noob question here, but did you keep your factory speakers when you installed the basslink or did you upgrade the entire system?

    thanks
    I still have the factory speakers, but will probably upgrade the head unit soon for better sound.

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA - USA
    Posts
    10
    Would this work well in a Sube Wagon or does it really only go in a trunk?

  10. #24
    Registered User hybrid gti 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lancaster
    Posts
    956
    hmm not bad. I only spent $105 on my bass and did not get a huge thumper.

    480 sony
    10in infinity in sealed box

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    882
    man you gonna make me get a new HU

    temptation

    Originally posted by DamnYank!
    i have had the basslink for some time. i first had it with my stock radio using a line-out converter to turn speaker level output to RCA level. it was good sounding but at higher volumes the bass would decrease and the gain on the link had to be set WAY up.

    i recent switched to an aftermarket deck. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! i had to turn the gain WAY back down on the sub and the sound quality is much improved.

    if you go with the stock deck, make sure to use a GOOD line out converter (or see if using the line level inputs on the basslink is a good option).
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

  12. #26
    Registered User hybrid gti 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lancaster
    Posts
    956
    Hey fuzzy. I got the sealed box bit and it sounds better then when it was in my vw hatch. so likly could run it no problem

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by fuzzymemory
    Would this work well in a Sube Wagon or does it really only go in a trunk?

    we'll soon find out. i have one going into mine.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    97

    Sony Xplods

    I don't have personal experiece with sony Xplods, but whats so bad about them? I would expect a 800w Xplod system in a conventional sub box to sound better than a basslink but this isnt true? I always thought the basslink was good but only based on the fact that is in the compact sub category. So if size and space were not factors which would sound better?

  15. #29
    Registered User Th3Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,766

    Re: Sony Xplods

    Originally posted by WRXakaBooSTi
    I don't have personal experiece with sony Xplods, but whats so bad about them? I would expect a 800w Xplod system in a conventional sub box to sound better than a basslink but this isnt true? I always thought the basslink was good but only based on the fact that is in the compact sub category. So if size and space were not factors which would sound better?
    It's the quality of the components. I guess it could be possible to get Xplods to sound decent, but it's not really worth the effort. They are just sloppy, IMO. The Xplods could get louder than the Basslink, but I don't think they'd sound better all things considered.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •