Bass link tEh wiN - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bass link tEh wiN within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; n00b part duex... is the amp integrated or a separate piece? 2 bills may be do-able while I await the ...

n00b part duex...
    is the amp integrated or a separate piece?

2 bills may be do-able while I await the arrival of my accessport.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Teep
    n00b part duex...
    is the amp integrated or a separate piece?

2 bills may be do-able while I await the arrival of my accessport.

-tp
    It is all one piece, and the quality is awesome. They send a multitude of brackets for different mounting options, and many different ways of hooking it up also.

Originally posted by trainrex
    The hook up was easy for me, but might be a pain for a novice. I tapped into the power from the back of the radio and jumped the constant 12v and remote on the sub with an inline fuse. I tapped into the rear speaker wires (from both sides) and used a line ouput converter to the sub. I'm very happy with the install, and the performance of it.
    Well I didn't think of myself as a novice until reading your reply. I've installed many aftermarket cd players and speakers but I've never had to deal with workarounds like that. Do you know of any guides that could help install this thing otherwise I'll have to resort to an aftermark deck and using preamps. Thanks for the help...
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

I Support ClubWRX
    Believe it or not the instructions they give are excellent and straight forward. you shouldn't have a problem. I just hooked the power up a little different because I hate running power wires to the fusebox or the battery, and I used the rca line out converter because it sounds better than high level speaker line inputs. If you need any help with the install feel free to pm me

i have had the basslink for some time. i first had it with my stock radio using a line-out converter to turn speaker level output to RCA level. it was good sounding but at higher volumes the bass would decrease and the gain on the link had to be set WAY up.

i recent switched to an aftermarket deck. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! i had to turn the gain WAY back down on the sub and the sound quality is much improved.

if you go with the stock deck, make sure to use a GOOD line out converter (or see if using the line level inputs on the basslink is a good option).
    MOTORSPORT-the only sport!
    Everything else is just a game...

howdy,

kind of a noob question here, but did you keep your factory speakers when you installed the basslink or did you upgrade the entire system?

thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dnice
    howdy,

kind of a noob question here, but did you keep your factory speakers when you installed the basslink or did you upgrade the entire system?

thanks
    I still have the factory speakers, but will probably upgrade the head unit soon for better sound.

Would this work well in a Sube Wagon or does it really only go in a trunk?

hmm not bad. I only spent $105 on my bass and did not get a huge thumper.

480 sony
    10in infinity in sealed box

man you gonna make me get a new HU

temptation

Originally posted by DamnYank!
    i have had the basslink for some time. i first had it with my stock radio using a line-out converter to turn speaker level output to RCA level. it was good sounding but at higher volumes the bass would decrease and the gain on the link had to be set WAY up.

i recent switched to an aftermarket deck. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! i had to turn the gain WAY back down on the sub and the sound quality is much improved.

if you go with the stock deck, make sure to use a GOOD line out converter (or see if using the line level inputs on the basslink is a good option).
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Hey fuzzy. I got the sealed box bit and it sounds better then when it was in my vw hatch. so likly could run it no problem

Originally posted by fuzzymemory
    Would this work well in a Sube Wagon or does it really only go in a trunk?

we'll soon find out. i have one going into mine.

Sony Xplods

I don't have personal experiece with sony Xplods, but whats so bad about them? I would expect a 800w Xplod system in a conventional sub box to sound better than a basslink but this isnt true? I always thought the basslink was good but only based on the fact that is in the compact sub category. So if size and space were not factors which would sound better?

Re: Sony Xplods

Originally posted by WRXakaBooSTi
    I don't have personal experiece with sony Xplods, but whats so bad about them? I would expect a 800w Xplod system in a conventional sub box to sound better than a basslink but this isnt true? I always thought the basslink was good but only based on the fact that is in the compact sub category. So if size and space were not factors which would sound better?
    It's the quality of the components. I guess it could be possible to get Xplods to sound decent, but it's not really worth the effort. They are just sloppy, IMO. The Xplods could get louder than the Basslink, but I don't think they'd sound better all things considered.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12