Car Audio People - Please Help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car Audio People - Please Help!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I spent my only real day off for a while (thus my reason for missing the Great Spring Drive ...

Car Audio People - Please Help!!

So, I spent my only real day off for a while (thus my reason for missing the Great Spring Drive ) doing a couple things to my baby. First I installed the Helix DP CEL Fix and also put in a DIY IC Sprayer. Anyway, put her all back together.....no CEL yet and the IC Sprayer works like a charm!! (Look for pics soon)

But.....the inevitable "but"......my stereo is all messed up. Deck turns on, plays, sub works, but all four speaks are out! Absolutely no sound from inside the cabin. Very strange.....

Anyone have any ideas? Could I have blown the amp in the deck? Seems like the sub wouldn't work then, but, it does have its own seperate amp.

BTW, I have a Pioneer deck and aftermarket speakers in the front and rear - all four running off the amp in the deck. Sub runs off its own JBL amp.

Help! No tunes sucks bad!
    Once upon a time I had a unique sig.....that time has passed. Now my sig is bland and boring like Cream Of Wheat without butter or sugra. Bleh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you check the fader, and bal.? Maybe there is a mute this is on, make sure it is all set up the way it should be. If that doesn't work, try pulling the deck out, then unhook the wiring from it, hook the wiring back up and try playing something before you put it back in. A wire may have been knock out, and causing all of this. If all that doesn't work make sure the speakers still work. I don't see anything that you installed that would cause any audio problems, but something did. I would help you today, but being mothers day and having to work is taking up most of my time. If you can tomorrow I will help you out if you can't get it to work. Most of the time, if a deck is bad, it will not even turn on, so I don't think that is what is going on.
    MCL
    "We rolls with the hatchet like nuns roll with church, and to us the hatchet means more then some merch!!"

Check the fuses for the car. I'm gonna guess that maybe the power for the deck's amp and something else are on the same wire, so if the current was too high, it would blow the fuse in the car. It's worth a shot.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Maybe a short? Also check all your cable connections.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

the same thing happened to me and it was the deck amp. the cd still spun and the only thing that worked were my subs. I agree horrible sound. but yeah i just splurged and got a new deck. that seemed to fix it
    uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.