autometer fix?

This is a discussion on autometer fix? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I remember reading something about autometer gauges reading slow or not accurate. I searched this site/yahoo/scoobymods and couldnt find what ...

autometer fix?

I remember reading something about autometer gauges reading slow or not accurate. I searched this site/yahoo/scoobymods and couldnt find what I was looking for. Am I just imagining this or is this for real?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, autometer gauges have a reputation for not being very accurate or of high quality.

the fix is on scoobymods.com. it doesn't have much info though. i wanna do it too now and i've been searching.

anyway, the autometer comes with a 1/8 inch nylon hose. if you switch it to a 1/4 inch hose, the response will be a lot quicker. so get a "t" connector that is 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 and some 1/4 inch vacuum hose.

now, issue i have is that i don't think i have the extra hardward and so i dunno what size nut i need to fit the hose into the back of the gauge.

anyone know?