Hardwired Radar Detector??

This is a discussion on Hardwired Radar Detector?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been trying to hardwire my radar detector but have been unsuccessfull. I've looked at the instructions at www.ravensblade-impreza.com/modifications/interior/interior.html but ...

Hardwired Radar Detector??

I've been trying to hardwire my radar detector but have been unsuccessfull. I've looked at the instructions at www.ravensblade-impreza.com/modifications/interior/interior.html but am still looking for any help. Has anyone completed such an install without problem and if so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check the tutorial section. Search for Bel 980.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

tan
    hook it up to the power (ignition) wire for the clock or something that is switched ignition.

wouldn't you have to have the wiring fused somehow aswell. Kinda shakey on hardwiring to the ignition wiring so are there other 12v wires to tap off of in the same area (fuse panel).??

I pulled my radio and was able to reach the cig lighter/accessory power wires. They are only hot when the radio is, so I wired it to those. Yes, you will want to fuse the positive side.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT