My cds are stuck!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My cds are stuck!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; All 6 cds are stuck in the changer...I tried to eject them all, but all it does is spin...is there ...

My cds are stuck!!!

All 6 cds are stuck in the changer...I tried to eject them all, but all it does is spin...is there a way to get them out?
    14.230 @ 95.96mph

Turbo XS BOV
    Turbo XS HPMBC boost controller
    Blitz FATT turbo timer
    17" Rota Subzeros Bronze
    225/45/17 Kuhmo Supras 712
    Tanabe Super Low Precedo Rims

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds to me like someone already took them out without you knowing. Are the CD graphics still shown on the display? Try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, reconnecting it and trying again. If they don't come out, I think you are screwed because the dealership doesn't repair this headunit, in all instances of malfunction, it is COMPLETELY REPLACED. I don't think they could take it apart if their lives depended on it!!!

-Jim

but look on the bright side, if your screwed, youll have a reason to get a new aftermarket headunit, maybe navigation or a dvd monitor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic55.jpg  
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Nice,

Clean, good looking install Nexus. Does that monitor actually slide into the DIN slots or is it just attached by other means? Also, do you have navigation hooked up to that?

schaff, thats not my car wish it was though..
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Haha,

OK, yeah, me too! Well, we can always dream right

GO TO THE DEALER

HEY DUDE I ALSO HAD THAT HAPPEN TO ME THE DEALER ORDERED THE RADIO FROM SUBARU WHEN IT CAME IN THEY SENT THE OLD ONE BACK TO SUBARU AND SUBARU SENT ME MY CD'S THAT GOT STUCK

Same here as 13.5boostwagon.... Cd player completely locked up.. Subaru replaced the unit under warranty and sent back the CD's. Seems what happened, the player cracked a CD right around the center hole, which locked up the player.
    Here's the downside: The CD that was cracked was part of a box set, so I can't just go out and buy the cracked CD without having to buy the whole set again!
    Joe
    My other vehicle has 4000 HP @ 950 RPM !

I just experienced the stuck CD problem, too. I was loading the player with a set of CD's from my local library when it stopped loading. Now it won't play CD's or eject them. I tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 minutes and now it doesn't even display the CD's on the LCD. It's as if it forgot it's a CD player. The radio still works and I haven't tried the tape player.

The ***** of it is, these are library CD's due in two weeks. Does anybody know how long it takes the dealer to get the CD's back from wherever it is they send the players?
    "The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts... attitudes... prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone."

Best Regards,
    Ah Clem

Originally posted by silvercharged
    Here's the downside: The CD that was cracked was part of a box set, so I can't just go out and buy the cracked CD without having to buy the whole set again!
    Joe
    Check on half.com or check for used cds on amazon.com. I've often found parts of or just one cd for sale from box sets.

Originally posted by Ah Clem
    I just experienced the stuck CD problem, too. I was loading the player with a set of CD's from my local library when it stopped loading. Now it won't play CD's or eject them. I tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 minutes and now it doesn't even display the CD's on the LCD. It's as if it forgot it's a CD player. The radio still works and I haven't tried the tape player.

The ***** of it is, these are library CD's due in two weeks. Does anybody know how long it takes the dealer to get the CD's back from wherever it is they send the players?
    Im sure if you told the library from which you rented them your situation.. im almost positive they will let you slide on this one, unless youve stolen from the library before j/k

Maybe your dealer can take it apart.. but i doubt it.. good luck man

bump.

Has anyone figured out another fix, inplace of/in addition to disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes?

For me it's stuck on disc 5, can't eject, can't switch, can't play. This sucks, cause it's a rare import disc!!! Dag-nabit!

..btw.. after my original post I found the bit about a spring loaded switch thing.. OEM cd player not working I'll try both..
    Last edited by klancek; 11-14-2003 at 09:40 PM.

tan
    regular CD's or were they CD-R's?

Tan; I had both, I can't remember exactly which one was #5. Could have been a CD-R or my beloved Owsley import. Would it matter to Subaru? Maybe I'll find out when I take it by the dealer in a couple days.

I do know this though--I was listening to a tape when I hit "Eject". That started the whole thing. I intended to eject the tape, but the corner button (for the CD) was the first thing I saw while backing up. I wonder if this was how anyone else broke theres too.. could be some glitch. I'm sure most folks don't use tapes, so maybe not.

Originally posted by Nexus6
    but look on the bright side, if your screwed, youll have a reason to get a new aftermarket headunit, maybe navigation or a dvd monitor
    Does Subaru sell a bracket to mount the headunit down inplace of the ashtray like in the picture or do you think that was custom?
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.