My cds are stuck!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My cds are stuck!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Mine got stuck. I just took it apart and took the cd's out. It's not too hard. Once I put ...

Mine got stuck.

I just took it apart and took the cd's out. It's not too hard.

Once I put it back together I excpected the unit to work but it did not. 4 months later it starts working again but then stops once I add another CD.

I am going to just get it replaced, then sell it, then buy a new head unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had the same problem...i had just ordered a aftermarket radio too so i had them replace the factory first and then after i put my alpine in so when i sell the car i have good factory radio to put back in....and i also have some cheep spkers(blew the factory ones) to put back in to replce my good one

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

Stock CD player is sh!t I went over a bump on the highway (not even that big) and my CD player shut off, and ejected the CD it was playing.

WTF

(new smilies 0wn)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Update

Dealer ordered a new HU. It didn't work, apparently. ...Like nothing, no radio, nothing. Put the old HU back in, and it SUDDENLY WORKS AGAIN. ?? CDs play, eject.. everything.

I realize now, when I took it out to switch the "springed lever" I never did anything to discharge any capacitors: didn't push power or turn the key to ACC with the battery disconnected; I never even unplugged the radio. Also, I have no idea if the mechanic turned the player upside down or whatever--all this stuff is worth a shot. When it had the problem it sounded like a cd was jammed in the changer. I'm just glad to have my CDs back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.